PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Athletic: interview with Sterling Brown

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Athletic: interview with Sterling Brown

Postby PonyPride » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:17 pm

Requires a subscription. The former SMU guard addresses a number of subjects, including his return to Dallas and ... chess?

Mavericks’ Sterling Brown on returning to Dallas, playing for Jason Kidd, draining 3s and looking for chess partners

Even as the Mavericks prepare to start the same five players they did two seasons ago, there’s no question the team has evolved and changed in meaningful ways. Sterling Brown signing on this summer is an example of that. After Dallas spent the past two seasons hamstrung by two different guard acquisitions that never fit well, Brown ought to offer something more reliable. The SMU alum enters his fifth NBA season coming off career-best shooting percentages and with a pre-existing familiarity both with Dallas as a city and Jason Kidd as a head coach. He’s not transformative to this roster, but he fits well with this team and its star player. Every team could use players like that.

I interviewed Brown last week on a wide-ranging number of topics. This interview has been lightly condensed and edited for clarity.

Welcome back to Dallas, man. I read your decision to sign here was due to knowing the area and having family here. Beyond that, were there any spots you missed? Restaurants?

There’s a couple. I changed up my eating style so ....

To read this article in its entirety, CLICK HERE.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: The Athletic: interview with Sterling Brown

Postby FriscoPMG » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:39 pm

I was hoping the Mavs would sign Sterling last year instead of Wes Iwundu. Better late than never! I think he'll be a great fit on this team. Excited to see him play in person again night in and night out.
FriscoPMG
All-American

Re: The Athletic: interview with Sterling Brown

Postby ponyboy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:24 pm

Anybody see his dunk in a preseason game the other day? Thing of beauty. Feron’s been looking good too.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball