PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tyreek to Memphis

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tyreek to Memphis

Postby Hop Sing » Fri May 03, 2024 8:14 am

Hop Sing
Varsity

Re: Tyreek to Memphis

Postby birddogger » Fri May 03, 2024 10:44 am

The turnover of this roster is remarkable and telling, I suppose. I understand that there are 8 (?) scholarship players who have moved on. Coach Enright seems to have upgraded through the portal, (although I hated to see Phelps go Aggie) but there are still plenty of spaces to fill.

Do we have 4 or 5 spots still open?
birddogger
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri May 03, 2024 11:04 am

Sorry to lose Tyreek and yes, there is still a lot of work to do to complete next season's roster. Tyreek was a rim protector who should do well at Memphis
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri May 03, 2024 11:16 am

birddogger wrote:The turnover of this roster is remarkable and telling, I suppose. I understand that there are 8 (?) scholarship players who have moved on. Coach Enright seems to have upgraded through the portal, (although I hated to see Phelps go Aggie) but there are still plenty of spaces to fill.

Do we have 4 or 5 spots still open?

If you include Young, as of now there are only 4 scholarship guys returning next year and with 2 FR recruits coming in, that leaves (at least) 7 spots to fill. So far, Enfield has commits from 3 guards and one big leaving at least 3 more vacancies and 4 if Young's 'ship isn't renewed. Coaching in college athletics (at least in football and bball) has become more of a recruiting challenge than ever!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hop Sing » Fri May 03, 2024 11:58 am

Sincere best wishes to all who have moved on, but imo there wasn’t one player that can’t easily be replaced or upgraded. We have an elite proven coaching staff, that will soon have Moody the place to be again.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Return to Basketball