PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs WF

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs WF

Postby KnuckleStang » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:34 pm

I, too, have not seen the Mustangs play in a long while and was horrified by what I saw. But I think it's important to remember that this was an ACC team with, top to bottom, just a helluva lot better players than the ones we had on the floor. It's easy to blame Dement, but he can't shoot the ball for them. Nothing makes a coach look more like a moron than stupid *ss players, and vice versa. I guarantee if the teams had switched coaches last night, Wake still would have crushed SMU. If you think about it, it's not all that surprising seeing us outrebounded like that by a middle of the pack ACC team, because the "middle" of the ACC is, unfortunately, better than just about all of the WAC. I too, while initially disappointed, was really glad Hopkins sat for this one. I hope he doesn't play until January, we need him back strong, and the game would have been a lot different had he been in there and healthy. An extremely disappointing performance, and I am slightly depressed, but take comfort in the knowledge that it can only be up from here. I think with Hopkins on the floor, we are not necessarily a final four team, but at least a very different one. He seems to have that "makes everyone around him better" quality.
KnuckleStang
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Basketball