PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BHop comes up big!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

BHop comes up big!

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 29, 2002 12:20 am

tough game tonite. Ponies win 64-63 with BHop hitting the game winner with 12 seconds left and then steals the ball with 2 seconds to go to seal the deal. Exciting game. Gardner-Webb was every bit as tough as I'd feared. 1st road win. We'll take it!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: BHop comes up big!

Postby Guest » Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:57 am

Agreed...we played great basketball tonight and they hung in there until the last 2 seconds...! B-Hop did really come through...seems like he's about 100%. I'm scared of UNLV on their home court though..then we play a dangerous San Diego team...then a 3 game road trip to open the WAC schedule. These games are really going to determine which way this season goes.

Re: BHop comes up big!

Postby Jim Rome » Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:09 pm

Winning a roadie is always big. And having a freshman who has the poise to drop a game-winner is not too common. I'm glad to see a road win, and I'm liking what I read about Hopkins (haven't been to Dallas to see him play yet.)

I know you said G-W was supposed to be tough, but a 1-point win over a team with a record like theirs? We definitely need to turn it up a notch or two.

Go Ponies!
I'm a Pony, and I'm a PonyFan!
Jim Rome
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball