PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official SMU vs USF Thresd

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official SMU vs USF Thresd

Postby Harry0569 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:17 am

Ryan Harp is the worst DI bball player I have ever seen.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:45 am

Harry0569 wrote:Ryan Harp is the worst DI bball player I have ever seen.
A little harsh, don't ya think?
MrMustang1965

Postby crazy horse » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:04 am

Its division 1 basketball. You hit your freakin' free throws at least 50% of the time!

I can't believe I wasted my time going to this. I know its harsh, but why in the heck would anyone waste their time for what I witnessed tonight?

Geez, I hope the football game is a wee bit better.

BTW - did USF EVER miss?
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 am

crazy horse wrote:
BTW - did USF EVER miss?
I counted 2, maybe 3 missed FTs by USF. Incredibly, it was when the crowd made N-O-I-S-E! :roll: Go figure!
MrMustang1965

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:06 am

If you have to start guys that play 25 minutes and can't consistently score a bucket, make an assist and leads the team in TOs then that's an admission of recruiting mistakes. Maybe SMU got the best they could in the 3 little guards but its an indication that SMU didn't get the taller off-guard they really needed or they settled for guards who can't play defense. Its like in Baseball they talk about the prospect that can run, field, throw, hit and hit with power-that's a 5 star prospect. SMU gets 2 or 3 star prospects because they have deficiencies in 2 or 3 major areas of their game like passing or shooting or defense, or dribbling or rebounding. I had really hoped that Clinkscale could have brought something unique to the team and we wouldn't have to rely on a 1 star recruit that can only play defense. I'll adjust my expectations downward if we are only going to try to score with 4 players on the Court.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Previous

Return to Basketball