PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Halftime: SMU 31 Florida School 31

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Halftime: SMU 31 Florida School 31

Postby George S. Patton » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:13 pm

None of this no longer surprises me. SC Upstate and UAPB and other random D1 teams have won at Moody, so why not these guys.

A joke.
George S. Patton

Re: Halftime: SMU 31 Florida School 31

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:47 pm

I still think Justin Haynes can become a player for us and tonight just reinforces that thought for me
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:41 pm

Haynes Faye and McCoy at 17 18 & 18 in a 79-62 win. Dia was 8 & 8 -- keep moving forward but he should really handle the box vs someone like this. Shot 44 percent. 68 percent on 37 FTs - terrible. Win number 1.
George S. Patton

Postby Corso » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:19 am

George S. Patton wrote:None of this no longer surprises me.

Huh?

Mo Faye played pretty well. When he's hitting his outside jumper, he can be a pretty solid player. McCoy's 18 were kind of quiet, but he was solid, as always. The guy who impressed me tonight was Williams - that guy is fearless driving the lane, even though he always is outweighed by everyone who covers him. There were a few times when really got drilled going to the rim, and he still made some and-1s.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:35 pm

George S. Patton wrote:None of this no longer surprises me. SC Upstate and UAPB and other random D1 teams have won at Moody, so why not these guys.

A joke.

Technically, SC-Upstate isnt a full member of D1, yet. They are still going through reclassification. Same for FGCU, Houston Baptist, and North Carolina Central.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby George S. Patton » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Just glad we put it together in the second half and pulled away rather than scratching our heads about another ding dong loss.
George S. Patton

Postby PoconoPony » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 pm

We need all the cupcake wins we can get. Unfortunately, this should have been a no contest game if we were a good team.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:57 pm

Patton, not sure why you even go to the games. Do you actually enjoy it EVER?
Pony_Fan

Postby Blunt Pony » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:08 pm

I was one of the 800 or so at this game and the first half was collectively the worst half of D1 basketball I have ever seen. Anyone who was there will concur. At halftime I was wondering if we would win a game this year, just awful. At least we came out of it in the second half.
Blunt Pony
Varsity

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:05 pm

Blunt Pony wrote:I was one of the 800 or so at this game and the first half was collectively the worst half of D1 basketball I have ever seen. Anyone who was there will concur. At halftime I was wondering if we would win a game this year, just awful. At least we came out of it in the second half.

The only good thing is that almost no one saw it. I think you're overestimating the crowd, when I got to the gym there 105 people in the stands. Yes, I counted them individually. I had an entire section (OO) to myself, literally. I know more people filtered in after tip off, but I still think 800 is a very generous estimate.

The first half was a pitiful and unconvincing imitation of D-1 basketball, and I include both teams and the referees in that statememt. Just sad. Thank goodness no one seems to have noticed.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby Blunt Pony » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Now that is funny! To be able to count bodies in the stadium is funny and sad at the same time. Like you said, no one seemed to notice. Hope we can put on a good show tonight.
Blunt Pony
Varsity

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:53 pm

Pony_Fan wrote:Patton, not sure why you even go to the games. Do you actually enjoy it EVER?

I would enjoy it more if I truly believed the program was under credible leadership to go along with a talent base that appears to be better.

When you are letting teams, which you need a GPS to find their school, either stay with you or beat you, I would hope that would signal to you that hey, something isn't right here.

I boycotted the 2008-09 home schedule after the TCU disaster in Fort Worth. I'll go to one game -- likely TCU -- and see what has changed. If it hasn't, don't expect me to show up.

And before you go on about being a "fan" and we don't need you and all that crap, the details of no one coming to these games, no one cares enough to show much regard for the program either. Be thankful that I care to even comment on it.
George S. Patton

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:43 pm

sounds like you need to stick to watching ESPN and the Big Ten. There is nothing to see here. - They'll be lucky to be around .500.
Pony_Fan

Return to Basketball