PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU Game Presentation

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU Game Presentation

Postby RE Tycoon » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:50 am

FriscoPMG wrote:I believe Steve O already said a replacement is in the works and this current one won't last but another year or so. Good luck re-selling it!

Could you elaborate on this? First I've heard, but it pleases me.
#NewLobCity
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby FriscoPMG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:14 pm

RE Tycoon wrote:
FriscoPMG wrote:I believe Steve O already said a replacement is in the works and this current one won't last but another year or so. Good luck re-selling it!

Could you elaborate on this? First I've heard, but it pleases me.

I can't recall exactly, but I'm pretty sure this was brought up when they were sending out the Moody feasibility surveys and he was meeting staff members to get suggestions and feedback. From what I understand next season will be the last for the monstrosity and then they're going to upgrade it.
I agree that an upgrade & downsize is needed, but it's also a lot of wasted money on the current one if they only get 4-5 yrs out of it.
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby FriscoPMG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:17 pm

Hal wrote:
FriscoPMG wrote:And while I appreciate the efforts that the new PA guy is making, I must say that it was quite entertaining when he announced the football team as the "ALL QUIT...panic...silence...errr...ALL GRIT, NO QUIT SMU Mustangs!" :)

Please tell me you're kidding. He didn't really say that, did he?

Not kidding. He got a little too excited with his big final announcement of the team and failed miserably in landing the dismount. It was more comical than anything else. Just glad that this year it's not pertinent to the team...in past years an "All Quit" slogan might've been appropriate!
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:56 pm

it is amazing that it's pretty new, non-HD, colors are off and it's not even used properly. What a waste of $$. I'll be going to the Mavs game tonight so I'm interested to see what their new one looks like. They do a lot of funny skits on theirs that is created by a local advertising firm.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball