PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs. TX State

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs. TX State

Postby ponyscott » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:39 pm

No offense here but those guys were man/childs that dominated their Bball games since they played 8 and under ball and probably dunked since they were in 6th grade and yeah they would get bored playing AAU teams that they beat by 40 points but Pats is a 6'4 180 pound kid that has a lot to learn and is not great, yet. And it looks like one of the games that Papa saw was a 1 point tight win over Richland College and CCCC has a 10-3 record with hopes to play for post season play. Every game here should be a learning experience and a game to test what he has learned in the spot lights. No sense to be alarmed here, we are just responding to someone that actually went to the CCCC games and made an observation about a SMU signee. We just hope it that he is sick or going through a phase. We look forward to watching him excell here at SMU.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:17 pm

Can't SMU buy out Doh's last year even if it's at the full rate? Then keep him on staff as a fundraiser? Once the fans give up, it's over. I've seen it 2-3 times at UH (Brooks, McCallum and probably now with Penders).
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby papawasamustang » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 pm

papawasamustang wrote:Saw Aliaksei Patsevich play today. I am really concerned about this young man.
This is the 2nd game in a row that I have seen him play where he just didn't show up to play.
I'm questioning this guys heart. He played 3 minutes in the first half, jogged & loafed around.
Coach pulled him & sat him out the rest of the half. He starts the 2nd half & does the same damn thing. Plays 2 minutes, loafs around & gets pulled for the final 18 minutes. Looked like he could care less. Finished with an 3 pts. 1 for 3 shooting & just a really sad performance.

After the CCCC game, return to my car & start listening to another uninspired road L by the Ponies.

What a day for men's hoops.

Pats bounced back last night with a much better performance in CCCC
72-58 win in their conference opener. He is very talented. Silky smooth
3 pt sniper & an outstanding passer. Sounds
like the young man is just going through
the ups & downs of living in a new country. Tough transition.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby PonyDoh » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 am

papawasamustang wrote:
papawasamustang wrote:Saw Aliaksei Patsevich play today. I am really concerned about this young man.
This is the 2nd game in a row that I have seen him play where he just didn't show up to play.
I'm questioning this guys heart. He played 3 minutes in the first half, jogged & loafed around.
Coach pulled him & sat him out the rest of the half. He starts the 2nd half & does the same damn thing. Plays 2 minutes, loafs around & gets pulled for the final 18 minutes. Looked like he could care less. Finished with an 3 pts. 1 for 3 shooting & just a really sad performance.

After the CCCC game, return to my car & start listening to another uninspired road L by the Ponies.

good to hear, happy to have him. As you know, there is a lot to what's going on w/Pats, that isn't about hoops, but can manifest itself on the court. He's too talented to sweat at the JC level. Mostly, we need him to acclimate, more then we need him to show on the court right niw
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:26 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:Poignant fact - we are looking worse vs. Texas State than Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is looking vs. #2 Texas.

be thankful we did not schedule A&M-CC. They are a notch up from TX State and have played a pretty tough schedule this year. They own a win @ Oregon St

I was at the UT-AMCC game. I have to run to Moody right now, but I'll tell you a funny story when Iget back.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby ponyscott » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:37 pm

papawasamustang wrote:

Greatness! Looks like their next home game is the 18th and just put that in my Outlook to see this kid play.....
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball