PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Paul McCoy

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Paul McCoy

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:24 pm

that says a lot. thanks, mustang23.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyscott » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:31 pm

mustang23 wrote:To RGV Pony: you asked about McCoy...well I honestly don't know and he doesn't know why he's in the slum. He's been worried and missing his grandparents and now he found out 2 days ago of the passing of his grandmother and grandpa was still in Hawaii for medical reasons. I don't know if he will ever be right for this season.

I apologize for his lack of enthusiam in the games. I apologize for putting all of you and the fans, the team/coaches down. We should continue to support him and the whole team thru the good, the bad and the ugly times. They need you just as much as you need them to perform. Let us not just accept the good times but cheer them more thru the bad times. PONY UP.

Wow thanks for the post as it sure helps clear things up a bit....our best wishes from all at SMU to Paul and hope all is well.....
ponyscott

Postby PonyDoh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:53 pm

mustang23, tell him to keep his head up and keep jacking up the jumper. He's a volume scorer and he needs his shots. Worst thing he can do is think he's hurting the team and become timid. Best to him and the McCoy family in dealing w/the loss of a grandparent. In my prayers
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:59 pm

bummer, that stinks.
Frustrating b/c we have seen what he can do...
Pony_Fan

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:16 pm

PonyDoh wrote:mustang23, tell him to keep his head up and keep jacking up the jumper. He's a volume scorer and he needs his shots. Worst thing he can do is think he's hurting the team and become timid. Best to him and the McCoy family in dealing w/the loss of a grandparent. In my prayers

As I think Brett Hull said: you miss 100% of the shots you don't take
RGV Pony

Postby mustangbill67 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Nice in-depth interview with McCoy today on Rivals.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:39 pm

mustangbill67 wrote:Nice in-depth interview with McCoy today on Rivals.

Thanks MB, good stuff. Summary: talks about new offense, his slump, transfer rumors, and how Derek is the leader.
Pony_Fan

Postby ponyscott » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Pony_Fan wrote:
mustangbill67 wrote:Nice in-depth interview with McCoy today on Rivals.

Thanks MB, good stuff. Summary: talks about new offense, his slump, transfer rumors, and how Derek is the leader.

That was good to see how he has a good attitude. Good luck to Paul and we hope that he breaks out of the slump......he's due.
ponyscott

Postby Hilltopper » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:50 pm

Thanks for the update, but there's no need to apologize at all. The only reason people are disappointed is because we know how talented Paul is, and we all want him to do well. He has the talent to be a great player, and whatever is going on that has him a little off his game ... he'll get through it. It's not like the C-USA coaches were crazy when they named him preseason all-conference as a sophomore. We're all pulling for him, and we know he'll snap out of it.
Hilltopper
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball