PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Can't believe I'm going to say something nice about TCU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Can't believe I'm going to say something nice about TCU

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:13 am

Channel 8 just did a piece about TCU men's basketball, and I couldn't find the remote fast enough to turn it off (or at least kill the sound). Basically, it said they stink, the coach isn't proud of it, but he's going to stick to his plan, yada yada yada. He said something about how such things are cyclical, that he could point to a time when Frog football sucked, and now they ... don't (bear with me — complimenting the Frogs is a challenge).

Then they interviewed a player, guard Ronnie Moss, who was basically echoing Coach Christian's assessment that it just takes signing a stud player or two and a few wins, after which top area players will want to play.

Moss said something about (paraphrasing here) "TCU and SMU are great schools, and when we start winning, players are going to realize they're good places to be."

Not a direct quote, but I thought it was cool of Moss to voluntarily offer up a reminder about the greatness of SMU.
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Re: Can't believe I'm going to say something nice about TCU

Postby mathman » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:18 am

The fans on the TCU board are ready to get rid of Christian. They are not kind at all in their assessment of his recruiting or game day coaching. We have a few on this board that think he is the best thing since Obama but the hometown fans are really upset.
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Postby PonyDoh » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:45 am

we're a lot closer in our league, then they are in theirs.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DiamondM75 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:02 pm

Take it easy there Red and Blue.

You didn't say anything nice about TCU. You said something nice about one of TCU's atheltes. That is always acceptable. Except when you are attending SMU-TCU games.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUfiji43 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:17 pm

TCU sucks

go Mustangs
"I love coaching here at SMU University" -June Jones
SMUfiji43
All-American

Postby BleedingRed+Blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 am

DiamondM75 wrote:Take it easy there Red and Blue.

You didn't say anything nice about TCU. You said something nice about one of TCU's atheltes. That is always acceptable. Except when you are attending SMU-TCU games.

Phew — thanks. I feel better.
Thanks for talking me off the ledge and helping me keep things in perspective! :lol:
BleedingRed+Blue
All-American

Return to Basketball