PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Which teams are you rooting in March Madness

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:01 pm

Rooting for Memphis to win it all.

I'm also pulling for Syracuse. That 5 OT win in the BE Tourney made a believer out of me.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:59 pm

EastStang wrote:
PonyDoh wrote:
PonyDoh wrote:The undersized & under-talented Terps are gonna give Memphis a run

LOL, Vasquez just called CUSA questionable and said Memphis would be sub-500 in the ACC

If Memphis wasn't ready for Maryland, they will be now. What a stupid thing to say about your opponent. As much as we've all seen them this year. the Tigers are scary good and they seem to be able to hit the accelerator at about 8 minutes to go in the game. Its like they have a NOS button or something. Anyway, they may do to Maryland what they did to Tulsa, just destroy them.

And I was glad to see it happen
Charleston Pony

Postby indianmustang » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:50 am

go siena,cleveland state,dayton in today games
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby PonyDoh » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:07 pm

Well, Memphis stomped the Terps, not surprised. Maryland played waaaaaaay over their heads all year. Now I'm pulling for Zona & Memphis. Still, irks me to cheer for Calipari and his roving rape squad. Seems like half that team is 22 or 23 and sophs. No admissions standards and criminal records. It's unfathomable that we're in a league w/that junior college and its affiliated basketball academy. A cheer for Memphis is a cheer against actual student athletes
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:41 pm

Of course there are some at Maryland that want to run off Gary Williams because he doesn't want to recruit criminals and diaper dandys. I'd take him in a heartbeat at SMU. However, I'm rooting for Memphis for two reasons: (1) every win means $$$$ to SMU, and (2) it makes CUSA look better if they're running through the rest of the NCAA like they ran through CUSA. Hopefully that might allow a second team to get a nod once in awhile and help RPI in the future.
EastStang

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:59 pm

EastStang wrote:Of course there are some at Maryland that want to run off Gary Williams because he doesn't want to recruit criminals and diaper dandys.

That's only part of the Gary Williams story. He also doesn't play the AAU game, which has cost him several recruits over the past few years.
CalallenStang

Postby George S. Patton » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Well, with Texas and Minnesota out, I'd like to see the Big 10's best get there in Michigan State.

Go Sparty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS1c9lpi2ns

Let's see in the second round

Purdue over Washington -- Big 10 over Pac 10
Michigan St. over USC -- Big 10 over Pac 10

We'd like to thank the Pac 10 for participating in this year's NCAA tournament. Ironic how Arizona is the last one standing.
George S. Patton

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Mrs CP was a '79 grad of MSU (she never attended a game but at least knows who Magic Johnson is). My brother is USC faculty (and could care less about athletics). I had no problem pulling for the Spartans yesterday, but can only pull so far for them.

Having lived in Durham, I will have to pull for the Dukies and for Memphis and will otherwise pull for all the Big East teams to be upset.

I think this means I'm in for more disappointment.

And...go Charleston in the CBI
Charleston Pony

Postby J.T.supporta » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:19 pm

how can you not cheer for Blake Griffin and the Sooners...the kid is a BEAST!
J.T.supporta

Postby mathman » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:28 pm

Going into the sweet 16 I am winning my March madness tourney. I have North Carolina beating Memphis in the finals.
When will I start feeling stimulated??
mathman
Heisman

Postby Blvd_Stang » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:15 pm

If SMU can beat Dayton three years ago, that means we can beat West Virginia now right? Sweet 16 here we come!

In all seriousness, I got UNC over Memphis, but I like Mizz as well. Gotta love that full court press all game!
2009 Ponyfans Rookie of the Year
Blvd_Stang
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:46 pm

J.T.supporta wrote:how can you not cheer for Blake Griffin and the Sooners...the kid is a BEAST!

easily...when I lived in Oklahoma City, my neighbors were all OSU people so I pulled for the Cowboys in the bedlam series and learned to not like OU. Also, growing up in Dallas, I always favored Texas over OU. Can't say I've EVER pulled for OU...for anything.
Charleston Pony

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:46 pm

J.T.supporta wrote:how can you not cheer for Blake Griffin and the Sooners...the kid is a BEAST!

OU sux!
George S. Patton

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:09 am

Charleston Pony wrote:

easily...when I lived in Oklahoma City, my neighbors were all OSU people so I pulled for the Cowboys in the bedlam series and learned to not like OU. Also, growing up in Dallas, I always favored Texas over OU. Can't say I've EVER pulled for OU...for anything.

Maybe I will have to pull for them against Syracuse. Lesser of 2 evils.
Charleston Pony

Postby J.T.supporta » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:

well growing up watching everything Big XII, i support the sooners, unless they are playing UT or Nebraska
J.T.supporta

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball