PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Florida Golf Course and Huston Tillotson

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Florida Golf Course and Huston Tillotson

Postby ponyscott » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:02 am

But we had to wait until the END of the game for that?......
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:24 pm

George S. Patton wrote:
Balatro Diabolus Ex wrote:Deal. See ya at whatever game you make.

I'm too embarrassed to win the terms of this bet because of what happened. :oops:

A wager is a wager, please accept a cold soda on me, at whatever game you make it to this year, otherwise I'll feel like I'm reneging.

As for the game, I honestly believed this was SMU's best chance for a blowout, playing a team that was widely inferior in terms of size, athleticism, and speed. This game should have looked like the game with A&M-Intl., last season. The disparity was so vast, nothing else should have mattered. That a winless NAIA team would play us closer than they did against Incarnate Word, boggles the mind. I'm still kind of speechless.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby ponyscott » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Really even a mediocre Divison 1 team should beat a NAIA team by 25-30 points without trouble unless it was the greatest upset of all time with Ralph Sampson's Number 1 ranked Virginia team against Chaimonade at their Hawaii Tournament years ago.
ponyscott
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Balatro Diabolus Ex wrote:
George S. Patton wrote:
Balatro Diabolus Ex wrote:Deal. See ya at whatever game you make.

I'm too embarrassed to win the terms of this bet because of what happened. :oops:

A wager is a wager, please accept a cold soda on me, at whatever game you make it to this year, otherwise I'll feel like I'm reneging.

As for the game, I honestly believed this was SMU's best chance for a blowout, playing a team that was widely inferior in terms of size, athleticism, and speed. This game should have looked like the game with A&M-Intl., last season. The disparity was so vast, nothing else should have mattered. That a winless NAIA team would play us closer than they did against Incarnate Word, boggles the mind. I'm still kind of speechless.

I'll take you up on it. It was just such a horrifying experience.
George S. Patton

Previous

Return to Basketball