PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who would replace Coach Doh?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Who would replace Coach Doh?

Postby redpony » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Perhaps :roll: Maybe his assistant coaches from Goldmans-Suks would raise money for a remodeled Moody.
Can you spell TARP bonus money? :lol:

GO PONIES!!!
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:29 am

I was talking about the Duke Family being clean, not Missouri.
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby PonyDoh » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:47 am

Duke Blue Blood wrote:I was talking about the Duke Family being clean, not Missouri.

yea, and that's why I laughed at you
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangklick » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:13 am

Duke Blue Blood wrote:Kenny Smith? Are you serious. Perhaps one of the dumbest guys around.

I clearly like Duke, but Quinn disgraced the family that has been clean for so many years.

DBB

His smile alone could recruit top 25 caliber players. Think about it.
Sir Charles could be our bigs coach, and we wouldn't have to pay him. We could just finance his gambling problem.
mustangklick
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:48 am

mustangklick wrote:
Duke Blue Blood wrote:Kenny Smith? Are you serious. Perhaps one of the dumbest guys around.

I clearly like Duke, but Quinn disgraced the family that has been clean for so many years.

DBB

His smile alone could recruit top 25 caliber players. Think about it.
Sir Charles could be our bigs coach, and we wouldn't have to pay him. We could just finance his gambling problem.

Gambling, assistant coach, NCAA athletics? Awesome combination!!! :roll:
mustangxc

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:05 pm

Speaking of Obama, what about Michelle's brother over at Oregon State. He's gotta be getting tired of rain every day. In all seriousness, what about Craig Escherick? Except for his final year at Georgetown, he did a decent job there. He recruited pretty well. Some of the players that he recruited went on the runs that John Thompson III had. He always seemed like a gentleman and is used to working in a school with high academic standards.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:11 pm

What about a corpse?
George S. Patton

Postby PonyDoh » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:15 pm

EastStang wrote:Speaking of Obama, what about Michelle's brother over at Oregon State. He's gotta be getting tired of rain every day. In all seriousness, what about Craig Escherick? Except for his final year at Georgetown, he did a decent job there. He recruited pretty well. Some of the players that he recruited went on the runs that John Thompson III had. He always seemed like a gentleman and is used to working in a school with high academic standards.

He was a horrendous recruiter at Gtown, and Gtown can accept anyone. There are no admissions policies for basketball players, so long as they qualify, even w/cooked transcripts. See philly lutheran. There is a reason the last 3 kids they've recruited from Texas are Latavious Williams, Tony Mitchell and KC Ross Miller.

Obama's brother isn't leaving the Pac-10 for CUSA. His next stop is more profile, not less. If money talked, we may be able to steal someone like Ken McDonald at WKU. He wins in the Sun Belt, but it's the Sun Belt. I think you role the dice w/a young profile assistant that is already recruiting Texas for a Big 12 program. Make him hire an older/proven x's and o's guy, grab two additional recruiters, and make a local grassroots guy the director of ops position.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby FriscoPMG » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:48 pm

PonyDoh wrote:I think you role the dice w/a young profile assistant that is already recruiting Texas for a Big 12 program. Make him hire an older/proven x's and o's guy, grab two additional recruiters, and make a local grassroots guy the director of ops position.

I agree that this is the way to go, but does Steve O goes against his normal philosophy of finding that "big name coach" out there and actually taking a risk on an unproven commodity? Hopefully since he has now been burned by his first big name hire MBB coach, he'll consider other options...
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby ready4abowl » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm for letting the boys run coach free. Fugg it. More Harlem Globetrotters, less Doh donkeys.
Restore the 80s Glory!
ready4abowl
Varsity

Postby mustangklick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Penders should be up for a new job soon....
mustangklick
Junior Varsity

Postby davidpaul123 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:47 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Quin Snyder deserves another chance. Those of you about to [deleted], keep in mind you guys have also ran w/ Gillespie's name. Snyder < scum than Eustachy. And the Carolina guy didnt work, so bring in a Dukie.

I like the quin snyder idea.
davidpaul123
Heisman

Postby max the wonder dog » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:03 am

PonyDoh wrote:
EastStang wrote:Speaking of Obama, what about Michelle's brother over at Oregon State. He's gotta be getting tired of rain every day. In all seriousness, what about Craig Escherick? Except for his final year at Georgetown, he did a decent job there. He recruited pretty well. Some of the players that he recruited went on the runs that John Thompson III had. He always seemed like a gentleman and is used to working in a school with high academic standards.

He was a horrendous recruiter at Gtown, and Gtown can accept anyone. There are no admissions policies for basketball players, so long as they qualify, even w/cooked transcripts. See philly lutheran. There is a reason the last 3 kids they've recruited from Texas are Latavious Williams, Tony Mitchell and KC Ross Miller.

Obama's brother isn't leaving the Pac-10 for CUSA. His next stop is more profile, not less. If money talked, we may be able to steal someone like Ken McDonald at WKU. He wins in the Sun Belt, but it's the Sun Belt. I think you role the dice w/a young profile assistant that is already recruiting Texas for a Big 12 program. Make him hire an older/proven x's and o's guy, grab two additional recruiters, and make a local grassroots guy the director of ops position.

In other words, a Josh Paster clone. It looks like that model is working out pretty darn well for Memphis
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby abezontar » Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:19 am

Any chance Larry Brown would want to leave the NBA for the NCAA?
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MustangStealth » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:07 am

abezontar wrote:Any chance Larry Brown would want to leave the NBA for the NCAA?

Larry Brown always wants to leave wherever he is at.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball