PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Saturday NC Central game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Saturday NC Central game

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:29 pm

ponyscott wrote:NO way they lose to these guys.....IF that were to happen it would be fire Doh time for certain but these guys are bad and we are better. Easy win.

We said this before losing to Texas State. Doh must go.
CalallenStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyDoh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:37 pm

you guys are a broken record. how about we play the game first. We played pretty well in El paso, hope to see more of that, plus some actual buckets today
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:44 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
ponyscott wrote:NO way they lose to these guys.....IF that were to happen it would be fire Doh time for certain but these guys are bad and we are better. Easy win.

We said this before losing to Texas State. Doh must go.

That was an away game and this is home, where the guys do play better and this NCC team is really weak with many losses to smaller schools...if we don't win by 20 or more I would be surprised.
ponyscott

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:54 pm

PonyDoh wrote:you guys are a broken record. how about we play the game first. We played pretty well in El paso, hope to see more of that, plus some actual buckets today

Sorry PonyDoh, but most of us have lost confidence. Doherty's a great guy (he may yell and scream, but he does that to try to get the best out of you) and I wanted to see him succeed, but I, and many other fans, have "seen enough."

If we play the way we did against UTEP, we will win. If we win, it buys Doherty another game.
CalallenStang

Postby BIGHORSE » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:07 pm

If they are D1 then why isn't there a line on the game?
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyDoh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:08 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
PonyDoh wrote:you guys are a broken record. how about we play the game first. We played pretty well in El paso, hope to see more of that, plus some actual buckets today

Sorry PonyDoh, but most of us have lost confidence. Doherty's a great guy (he may yell and scream, but he does that to try to get the best out of you) and I wanted to see him succeed, but I, and many other fans, have "seen enough."

If we play the way we did against UTEP, we will win. If we win, it buys Doherty another game.

I could care less about Doh, it's the quality posting & thread-making I was referring to. Even if we lose, neither you or I have any idea if he gets canned today, tomorrow or next year, if at all. It's speculative garbage that hurts recruiting, and I don't see anyone here who knows a thing about his contract, or what the plan is, should he be fired. Honestly, I'd rather see Doh next year, then let Orsini lock himself in a room for 5 months pretending he knows basketball or the culture. If I knew we'd set up a legit search, I'd be far more excited about the prospects of a new regime. As of now, football is the guys deal, and God bless him for the Jones hire, but he's hoops ignorant.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:14 pm

shadowman wrote:NCCU is a divison 1 Independent, not sure how that works for them, at 2-13, an at large birth to the dance seems out of reach.

They arent a full member of D1, yet, they are still in the transitional phase. They arent eligible to participate in the Tournament, regardless of what their record might be.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:16 pm

Do you really think anything that happens against a team of this caliber actually matters?
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby Balatro Diabolus Ex » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:18 pm

PonyDoh wrote:. Honestly, I'd rather see Doh next year, then let Orsini lock himself in a room for 5 months pretending he knows basketball or the culture. If I knew we'd set up a legit search, I'd be far more excited about the prospects of a new regime. As of now, football is the guys deal, and God bless him for the Jones hire, but he's hoops ignorant.

The search began 3 months ago. Orsini was putting out some feelers before the season started.
Balatro Diabolus Ex
All-American

Postby ponyscott » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:21 pm

This game and the Houston Babtist game in two weeks are given wins this month and the rest are open to speculation. The talent and size here are way too much for either of these teams and NCC may be D-1 but hasn't earned the right to have a line yet for betting. Even though the crowds will never be sizable at Moody the boys do play better here and are more comfortable playing on the home court of Moody.
Why wouldn't you think Orsini would do a legit search for a coach if it were needed Doh? He may be hoop ignorant but he seems not to be a real ego trip who goes out half cocked on matters that large. Picking both JJ and Doh who were previuosly D-1 coaches of the year in the past seem like reasonable choices that seemed like good choices both times. One worked and one may not have...
ponyscott

Postby CalallenStang » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:27 pm

PonyDoh wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:

I could care less about Doh, it's the quality posting & thread-making I was referring to. Even if we lose, neither you or I have any idea if he gets canned today, tomorrow or next year, if at all. It's speculative garbage that hurts recruiting, and I don't see anyone here who knows a thing about his contract, or what the plan is, should he be fired. Honestly, I'd rather see Doh next year, then let Orsini lock himself in a room for 5 months pretending he knows basketball or the culture. If I knew we'd set up a legit search, I'd be far more excited about the prospects of a new regime. As of now, football is the guys deal, and God bless him for the Jones hire, but he's hoops ignorant.

Agreed re: Orsini's basketball savvy. As far as the "quality posting & thread making," what do you expect? It's a fan message board, not a message board for employees of the athletic department. And to defend myself, I've never said that Orsini WILL can Doh, only that he SHOULD. When you come to the table and present something as fact, it's fact, and when you come to the table and present something as opinion, it's opinion. I try to hold myself to those same principles.
CalallenStang

Postby PonyDoh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Balatro Diabolus Ex wrote:

Do you really think anything that happens against a team of this caliber actually matters?

If the W counts, I'll take it. Never said they were worth a damn
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyDoh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Balatro Diabolus Ex wrote:
PonyDoh wrote:. Honestly, I'd rather see Doh next year, then let Orsini lock himself in a room for 5 months pretending he knows basketball or the culture. If I knew we'd set up a legit search, I'd be far more excited about the prospects of a new regime. As of now, football is the guys deal, and God bless him for the Jones hire, but he's hoops ignorant.

The search began 3 months ago. Orsini was putting out some feelers before the season started.

that's more ignorant then I even gave Orsini credit for. Other coaches love it when a mob boss AD undermines the program before the year even starts. If that were the case, I don't know how doh made it off the island. putting feelers out after year 3, at SMU of all places, after the Tubbs lynching. NICE WORK
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby NickSMU17 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:29 pm

Ponydoh your ego is getting out of control...you are quickly becoming the new stallion...he has relaxed a bit with the recent improvements, you are getting worse everyday...
NickSMU17

Postby PonyDoh » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:34 pm

NickSMU17 wrote:Ponydoh your ego is getting out of control...you are quickly becoming the new stallion...he has relaxed a bit with the recent improvements, you are getting worse everyday...

grassroots basketball is my job, not a hobby. I'm damn good at it. My ego is what it's always been, going back to the mid 90s. Also, stallion was his most insufferable when we stunk. Winning tends to mellow folks
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball