PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Joel Embiid press conference today

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 am

mrydel wrote:That is correct. The WDNWHA has lifetime members. Like the Supreme Court. And we work 24/7 on all players. Turner is taking a lot of our time but a decision should be rendered soon.

Are the committee members secret? I'm wondering who else besides yourself is on the committee. It seems a lot like the Circle of Champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Treadway21 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 am

Dang double post.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Re: Joel Embiid press conference today

Postby CoxMustangFan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 am

I do not believe most "KU fans" think Turner to KU is certain. In fact, I honestly believe it's UT at this point. KU, UT, and SMU will all be top 15 teams so it's not like any one gives a competitive "lean".
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby mrydel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:31 am

Membership is held tightly under wraps in order to alleviate any attempts at bribery. As for me, however, I am very accessible.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ponyinNC » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:34 am

247 crystal ball is heavy on UT as of late, including guys like Borzello and Meyer. SMU has fallen way back - not that it really means anything.

I just always thought he was waiting on the Embid decision - and if he was, well, that's going to be clear in about 3 hours.

Agree with you though about the rankings all being similar - question is where does he feel competitively gives him the best shot at a high draft pick and possibly a chance to win a championship (if that even matters).

KU has the best track record of late - hecck, both Wiggins and Embid are locks as Top 5 picks. Durant is his hero, and maybe that plays a role in picking UT and following those footsteps. I think SMU has about a 10-15% chance, because of Mudiay, location and LB.
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:19 pm

If Embid is coming out, Turner is all rock, chalk, Jayhawk
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby OhioBrownFan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:33 pm

I've never heard one person close to the recruitment say Embiid was affecting his decision. If he picks Kansas, it'll be because he wants to play at Kansas from every person I've heard close to this recruitment. Even so, I don't think there's any way Texas is going to lose in this one with Barnes' job being stable.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Question from a chat with ESPN's director of college bball recruiting a few minutes ago.

“@PaulBiancardi: No favorites yet.KU in mix “@Jack_Tferro34: @PaulBiancardi With Embiid likely gone, is Kansas now the favorite for Myles Turner? #AskCoachB””

Another.....

“@PaulBiancardi: 25% right now- This race is close! @HenryParkerJr: @PaulBiancardi#askcoachb..Give me a percentage of KU landing Turner if Embiid goes pro””

Another, interesting.....

“@PaulBiancardi: He has no idea so hard to tell. My guess is somewhere close to home. “@JonCraft13: Where will Myles Turner will end up at? #AskcoachB””
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby smustatesman » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Question : I've heard the rumor that Myles Turner is R. Gerald Turner's love child. If it's true, I would think that Gerry should make at trip out to Bedford and go to Trinity High School and try to reunite with his son; and bring into the Pony Family Fold. If necessary, Gerry should take him to appear with him on Maury to prove his DNA Pony paternity. Show him we really want him, and that he has family in places other than just Bedford, Tx.
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby Paladin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:38 pm

smustatesman wrote:Question : I've heard the rumor that Myles Turner is R. Gerald Turner's love child. If it's true, I would think that Gerry should make at trip out to Bedford and go to Trinity High School and try to reunite with his son; and bring into the Pony Family Fold. If necessary, Gerry should take him to appear with him on Maury to prove his DNA Pony paternity. Show him we really want him, and that he has family in places other than just Bedford, Tx.

Very tacky, but funny !
Paladin
All-American

Postby purduedavie » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:44 pm

Dallas kid that wants to stay close to home should be a homerun for the ponies, team will be a legit title contender if he attends, ideal situation for him!
purduedavie
Scout Team

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:50 pm

“@PaulBiancardi: Dark Horse in race, Luv Mudiay “@tydour30: Do u think smu has a good shot at turner and how do u like the rest of the freshman”#AskCoachB”

This is funny....

“@PaulBiancardi: He never visited there .Sorry your Cats are out“@Scotty_Young00: @PaulBiancardi what are the chances Myles Turner comes to UK? #AskCoachB””
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:05 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:I've never heard one person close to the recruitment say Embiid was affecting his decision. If he picks Kansas, it'll be because he wants to play at Kansas from every person I've heard close to this recruitment. Even so, I don't think there's any way Texas is going to lose in this one with Barnes' job being stable.

Turner said in his blog that Coach Self told him that if Embiid stays at Kansas next year then it would not be worth his tie coming to Kansas.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby CoxMustangFan » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:13 pm

JoJo gone...
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:16 pm

I'd put good coin on Myles to KU.