PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Illinois takes the lead for Thomas

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Illinois takes the lead for Thomas

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:31 pm

So let me see if I understand this. He wants to go for a team where he will be the face of the program right now but doesn't want to lose. He's not going to be the immediate star he thinks he will be to make a losing team into an automatic winner.

I'm getting a bad vibe from his comments. I thought he would be a great get but if he's more focused on the attention than on being coached to become a great player by a HOF coach then you reap what you sow
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby PonyKris89 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:07 pm

Yep, and he has admitted he is lazy.
Beat the hell out of anybody!
PonyKris89
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:23 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:So let me see if I understand this. He wants to go for a team where he will be the face of the program right now but doesn't want to lose. He's not going to be the immediate star he thinks he will be to make a losing team into an automatic winner.

I'm getting a bad vibe from his comments. I thought he would be a great get but if he's more focused on the attention than on being coached to become a great player by a HOF coach then you reap what you sow

Illinois is a pretty good program. And that being coached by a HOF coach isn't working to well lately.

Adam Grosbard ‏@AdamGrosbard 3h

7-3 @MVABasketball center Jean Marc Chris Koumadje has committed to Florida State. Had an official visit scheduled at #SMU
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:50 pm

Cue Ponysnob....
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 pm

So here's what I know.

Illinois WILL take both Bragg and Thomas if they want to commit. Numbers are extremely tight, they just landed Jalen Coleman today, who's a SG type. Extremely good player fwiw, love his game, and he was somewhat out of left field but Groce hit a home run on his visit this last weekend.

That said, I think Thomas is more likely of the two from what my guy said. I don't really have much inside info unfortunately because he's even said he's not getting the same type of info he was just 2-3 months ago, mainly cause he's not around the team and coaches every day anymore. He still thinks it's a good shot at Bragg from the last he heard but he doesn't think they would both commit knowing the other was coming. So even though the staff would take them both, it sounds like it's gonna be one or the other. His exact words when I asked about taking both were "There's no way the staff is turning down two top 10 players in the nation at a position of need." So there's that, he actually laughed when I asked if they would take both, I kind of assumed they would but wanted to ask anyways. The more important piece is that one likely affects the other.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby OhioBrownFan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:40 pm

Oh, and I should apologize in advance for putting you on the edge of your seat for a team you don't give a [deleted] about and then giving you absolutely no "earth-shattering" info :lol: lol.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby CoxMustangFan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Thanks, good stuff OBF. Still holding with my bets, but I'm sure as heck not placing blacks.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Billy Embody ‏@BillyEmbody 22s

“@edotcash: SMU this weekend ! ” 2015 5-star center Elijah Thomas set to visit #SMU.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 pm

Rebel10 wrote:Billy Embody ‏@BillyEmbody 22s

“@edotcash: SMU this weekend ! ” 2015 5-star center Elijah Thomas set to visit #SMU.

good thing it's not a home football game haha
Pony ^

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:30 pm

OhioBrownFan wrote:
CoxMustangFan wrote:
What, very doubtful he goes to Illinois. Most bet he's going to a school with a "U" and "K", just don't know the order.

Bet me on it? :wink: His handler is pro-Illinois, this is one the analysts aren't digging into to say the least. There's a few good analysts in the know. I wouldn't steer you wrong on this or put out that type of statement without having a few on the inside. Until about 3 weeks ago, I thought he was all UK as well fwiw.

Oh, and that same manager has been beating that drum for a long time with Bragg. I didn't believe it one bit til I started to really dig. Groce has done an unbelievable job.

Bump
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby OhioBrownFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:35 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:
OhioBrownFan wrote:
CoxMustangFan wrote:
What, very doubtful he goes to Illinois. Most bet he's going to a school with a "U" and "K", just don't know the order.

Bet me on it? :wink: His handler is pro-Illinois, this is one the analysts aren't digging into to say the least. There's a few good analysts in the know. I wouldn't steer you wrong on this or put out that type of statement without having a few on the inside. Until about 3 weeks ago, I thought he was all UK as well fwiw.

Oh, and that same manager has been beating that drum for a long time with Bragg. I didn't believe it one bit til I started to really dig. Groce has done an unbelievable job.

Bump

Haha, I'm not near as confident as I was. I still think Illinois but one of my guys isn't quite as confident as he was at the time. All three made the cut today though. I'd completely forgotten about this.
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

Postby CoxMustangFan » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:16 pm

It's an important piece to fall in place. I think Illinois is out of it, but we'll see.
Pony up!
CoxMustangFan
Hall of Famer

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:33 am

Um, didn't he already sign with A$M?
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CalallenStang » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:19 pm

blackoutpony wrote:Um, didn't he already sign with A$M?

Think they are talking about Bragg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CalallenStang

Postby OhioBrownFan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:17 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
blackoutpony wrote:Um, didn't he already sign with A$M?

Think they are talking about Bragg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, PF Carlton Bragg. He's down to UK, KU, and Illinois, none are surprises. He's a 5* out of Villa Angelo St. Joes. And I personally don't think he's worthy of that ranking one bit. I think he needs to be in the 15-25 range
OhioBrownFan
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball