PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

UNLV game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: UNLV game

Postby FloridaMustang » Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:05 am

amen...the situation with refs lately is getting ridiculous. there is no oversight and the refs are getting comfortable with thir jobs. a properly-called game would have been an SMU win.
FloridaMustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 30, 2002 9:07 am

the most disturbing stat of this game is that we had only 8 assists to go with 22 turnovers, a trend that has been the mark of Dement's teams. BHop alone had 3 assists and 7 turnovers. That just won't get it done.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 30, 2002 12:42 pm

In the team's defense, while listening to the game the announcer would say "patrick simpson gets slapped hard and the ball goes out of pounds off of him." Well, in that situation it was a turnover but it should have been a foul...another incidence that happened many times was the announcer would say " and Castro has the ball swatted away and the ball goes out of bounds...oh my god he's giving the ball back to UNLV." Now both of these instances happened more than twice and they are both called turnovers...but that's what they are. Called turnovers. Maybe they did turn the ball over a little too much but I think the number 22 is misleading...the most disturbing stat to me is 30 fouls on SMU and 20 on UNLV...we have not been in foul trouble all year...give me a break.

Previous

Return to Basketball