PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Zman89 are you out there?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Zman89 are you out there?

Postby gostangs » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:55 am

If it's about the program we better beef up our recruiting staff. They haven't had any significant gets since Big U left.
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby hoopmanx » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:06 am

gostangs wrote:If it's about the program we better beef up our recruiting staff. They haven't had any significant gets since Big U left.

To me, that's the tale of the tape. Not appealing makes tons of sense, IF you're going to find a way to grab legit kids who can help in '16. I don't need huge stars in '16, just give me usable skill sets that kill. For example, Tom Wilson is an under-regarded kid from Australia. Good size, big time shooter, smart etc. We'd have to beat Boise, Davidson and teams like that. He doesn't help class ranking or scare the league, but he'll shoot and Brown will find ways to get him clean looks. Its that time, not grab Top 50 kids time. Find good APR types that have a defined skill set and fill a role on a team.

IF we don't hit the trail hard now, we should have appealed. Whether or not we need more firepower, not sure. I liked the Shake/Sed/Jarrey/Vick/Carter verbals/signings and most of them fall on KT. Hobbie needs to deliver that's for sure.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:37 am

Hobbie can't deliver, it's not his thing. We need to acknowledge that and get it fixed pronto, or we took a bullet for a program that will not be a program, which means we should have appealed.
gostangs

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:27 pm

hoopmanx wrote: IF we don't hit the trail hard now, we should have appealed. Whether or not we need more firepower, not sure. I liked the Shake/Sed/Jarrey/Vick/Carter verbals/signings and most of them fall on KT. Hobbie needs to deliver that's for sure.

We'll see. I guess we will have to wait until they hit the floor because I guarantee every kid that commits will be over hyped in the 2016 class to justify not appealing. Because when they hit the court will be when we find out if they can play against the other upper level teams in the league.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby The Falcon » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Zman89 wrote:We have talked to Nic. He's upbeat and said he's ready to play basketball. We can only think about the "Season that could have been".

Thanks for responding Zman and giving us some insight on Nic's thinking.
Glad he is upbeat and ready to play - hope that doesn't change because I think he
can be a major support for Markus coming back and playing well. Don't have any
feel for how Tolbert is feeling. He will be a major player this year so I hope he
will control his disappointment and use it as a weapon to inspire him.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby hoopmanx » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
hoopmanx wrote: IF we don't hit the trail hard now, we should have appealed. Whether or not we need more firepower, not sure. I liked the Shake/Sed/Jarrey/Vick/Carter verbals/signings and most of them fall on KT. Hobbie needs to deliver that's for sure.

We'll see. I guess we will have to wait until they hit the floor because I guarantee every kid that commits will be over hyped in the 2016 class to justify not appealing. Because when they hit the court will be when we find out if they can play against the other upper level teams in the league.

How do you over hype a kid to justify not appealing? They can either play and are tested or they are not. Either way, I trust Brown to put our kids in positions to be successful. I contend that we can win big easier w less, easier than most. It's about evaluation and then executing on their skillets. We have a damn good staff for that.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:32 pm

Regarding the staff, I thought you said Hobbie needed to bring it?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby hoopmanx » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:36 am

Hobbie needs to bring it as a recruiter, he's a far better teacher than any of jerrance, ulric, kt
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:38 am

hoopmanx wrote:Hobbie needs to bring it as a recruiter, he's a far better teacher than any of jerrance, ulric, kt

I was referring to recruiting. So he needs to bring it and get some good players in here.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Previous

Return to Basketball