PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs aTm game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs aTm game thread

Postby friarwolf » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:18 am

PonyDoh wrote:This team needs a PG. Neither McCoy or Williams have any interest in passing.

Actually, Williams had 4 sweet passes to our big men that were all fumbled or in Papa's case on one of them, he attempted the softest dunk in the history of basketball, missed it, and got fouled - and then missed the free throws................After that, Williams just drove it in and shot it himself which is what he should have done...............
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby PonyDoh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:34 am

friarwolf wrote:
PonyDoh wrote:This team needs a PG. Neither McCoy or Williams have any interest in passing.

Actually, Williams had 4 sweet passes to our big men that were all fumbled or in Papa's case on one of them, he attempted the softest dunk in the history of basketball, missed it, and got fouled - and then missed the free throws................After that, Williams just drove it in and shot it himself which is what he should have done...............

I saw both games, and the entire offense is stagnant, not b/c of system, but b/c Will and Paul dribble the air out of the ball. Will may be our best player, but we'll better next year w/o him, mainly b/c we'll have a pass first PG. We have two kids that are allowed to get away with anything they want on the court, and 10 who get pulled for blinking. We have talent, but they aren't the right pieces for cohesive team play.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby friarwolf » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 am

Can't argue with what you say.........
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:32 am

As you guys said, Harp on the floor is wasted space. He gives up an offensive player. How many times did he fumble the ball or foul someone. He doesn't get yanked like the other guys and is given much more tolerance.

The refs were whistle happy last night for sure. A&M had the bonus with 15 minutes left.

The mistakes before the 1st half were ridiculous..missed opportunity, turnover, and a given up 3 pointer. Thank goodness they missed about 5 3 pointers in the 1st half.

Dia is playing the same. He catches the ball about 10 feet out from the basket and then has 1 or 2 moves to miss.

I just don't see a team playing together. PonyDoh is right, we need a pass happy PG. We have 2 shooting guards basically. Reminds me of the Hanc*ck days a little bit.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball