PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FIRE Matt Doherty NOW and SAVE this program!!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: FIRE Matt Doherty NOW and SAVE this program!!

Postby Pony_Fan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:51 am

nothing is going to happen. No sense in even talking about it.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby max the wonder dog » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:39 am

I posted "say goodnight Doh" after last year's loss to APB. Later thought I posted hastily in the heat of the moment, but now I have no second thoughts -- Say Goodnight Doh.
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby PonyDoh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:57 am

I'm still pissed and it's 10 hrs later.
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU2007 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:27 am

this guy is a joke and so is our basketball team. seriously, how can anyone even try to keep up with it?
SMU2007

Postby ponyinNC » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 am

the success of the football team this year and the great start by the women's bb team will not help Doh's job security...
ponyinNC
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby therack » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:57 am

As frustrated I am with the season so far, I just don't think Doh is going anywhere this year or next... It's still early in the year but it's tough to believe that this season will be different than the last two...
therack
Junior Varsity

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:04 pm

Rack, didnt you play for all three? (Dement, Tubbs and Doh)?
RGV Pony

Postby redpony » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:36 pm

As frustrating as this situation is I do not believe that anything will happen before Doh's contract is up. Orsini simply doesn't care. He is only concerned with the football program (which, thankfully seems to have been turned around). Look at some of the other programs. Both the men's and women's soccer programs have turned into a giant embarrassment for us. They were once national contenders and well respected. Now they have ended up at the bottom tier of a very poor soccer conference. Orsini has and will do nothing about it. His ego will not let him admit that he has made any mistakes in his coaching selections.
The athletic dept. is simply going to go deeper in the financial hole as more and more fans turn their backs on the bball program. Sad but true. :( :(

GO PONIES!!!
redpony

Postby PonyKai » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:46 pm

redpony wrote:As frustrating as this situation is I do not believe that anything will happen before Doh's contract is up. Orsini simply doesn't care. He is only concerned with the football program (which, thankfully seems to have been turned around). Look at some of the other programs. Both the men's and women's soccer programs have turned into a giant embarrassment for us. They were once national contenders and well respected. Now they have ended up at the bottom tier of a very poor soccer conference. Orsini has and will do nothing about it. His ego will not let him admit that he has made any mistakes in his coaching selections.
The athletic dept. is simply going to go deeper in the financial hole as more and more fans turn their backs on the bball program. Sad but true. :( :(

GO PONIES!!!

The AD cares about football and men's basketball. It is simply asinine to suggest otherwise. They make the most money, and quite frankly, in America, they are the only two collegiate sports the general public really cares about.
PonyKai

Postby PoconoPony » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 pm

PonyDoh wrote:I'm still pissed and it's 10 hrs later.

I laid it on the line to you earlier on this Board. Maybe you should start listening and taking some objective looks at the baseline issues.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby FriscoPMG » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:41 pm

Stlhockeyguy02 wrote:
redpony wrote:As frustrating as this situation is I do not believe that anything will happen before Doh's contract is up. Orsini simply doesn't care. He is only concerned with the football program (which, thankfully seems to have been turned around). Look at some of the other programs. Both the men's and women's soccer programs have turned into a giant embarrassment for us. They were once national contenders and well respected. Now they have ended up at the bottom tier of a very poor soccer conference. Orsini has and will do nothing about it. His ego will not let him admit that he has made any mistakes in his coaching selections.

GO PONIES!!!

The AD cares about football and men's basketball. It is simply asinine to suggest otherwise. They make the most money, and quite frankly, in America, they are the only two collegiate sports the general public really cares about.

My biggest issue with Orsini's involvement with the basketball program (besides the only real issue of finding a new coach) is how he continues to sign off on these joke schedules. I said it before last season and will say it again. It is absolutely mind boggling that we are choosing to pay these garbage no name schools to come play at Moody instead of taking a few guarantee games and at least making some money while failing miserably. We've already proven that Doh can't get his teams up to play some no name school in front of 800 people at Moody. I guarantee those players would much rather want to go on the road and face some legit competition -- even if the odds of winning are slim to none, the players will get up and play against the better competition. Clearly we're not making any money off of the gate at Moody (with the exception of the A&M and Memphis games), so it makes absolutely zero sense not to take at least one guarantee game. Heck, the money from those games could be populating the "Buy Out Doh" fund as we speak!

I guess we are finally going to play some decent competition on the road, but of course we're paying for a trip to Hawaii to do it!
FriscoPMG
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball