PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official SMU vs Tulsa game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official SMU vs Tulsa game thread

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:08 pm

What's really disappointing is that Papa Dia has a double-double and is really having a great bounceback season -- I'm really pleased that he has responded -- and it's just getting flushed away.

He has 3-4 double- doubles?
George S. Patton

Postby PoconoPony » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:13 pm

Imagine an official Division I (SD) basketball team thread that consists of only 2 pages. Does it get any worse or lower than this???? New all time low in SMU basketball interest. Program is just going through the motions and the season appears to be a total disaster.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 pm

I just want to thank Matt Doherty for making SMU men's basketball completely irrelevent.
George S. Patton

Postby PonyDoh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:22 pm

George S. Patton wrote:I just want to thank Matt Doherty for making SMU men's basketball completely irrelevent.

It's always been completely irrelevant, don't kid yourself. I laugh at people recalling the glory years around here, as if there were any
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:24 pm

A respectable final score, but when you take comfort at losing with a respectable score something is wrong!
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Very depressing at Moody tonight, I can't imagine what the last few home games will be like.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:28 pm

Well the 1980s weren't bad. But since 1987-88, it's been a journey through a black hole.
George S. Patton

Postby George S. Patton » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 pm

George Lopez reruns getting me thru the season. Man, Constance Marie is hot!
George S. Patton

Postby PonyDoh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:32 pm

George S. Patton wrote:Well the 1980s weren't bad. But since 1987-88, it's been a journey through a black hole.

exactly, and most of the kids we're recruiting were born in '92 or '93. It's embarrassing that people recall the Sasser teams w/fondness. Like you said, it's all a black hole
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:34 pm

games against Tulsa used to actually be fun, entertaining, competitive, decent college bball atmosphere. Forget glory days, i'd take some glimmer of hope and competitiveness. This program is so broken in every way. Normally when a season is in the tank you can at least see some eager freshman and young players get their chance off the bench to show something. We got nothing. If this was dohs second year i could look forward to the freshman coming next year, but it really feels like way too little way too late.
Hoop Fan

Postby NastyStang » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:38 pm

ALEX LIFESON wrote:Very depressing at Moody tonight, I can't imagine what the last few home games will be like.

No kidding. One of the worst game experiences this year and that's saying a lot. No crowd, dead, SMU still f'ing up everything in game presentation. I guess the PA guy that started the year is gone. This new guy announces every players name during substitutions like its the starting intros...annoying. I'm assuming the students aren't back yet? About 10 students all sitting down, although I don't blame them.
NastyStang
Varsity

Postby PonyDoh » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Hoop Fan wrote:games against Tulsa used to actually be fun, entertaining, competitive, decent college bball atmosphere. Forget glory days, i'd take some glimmer of hope and competitiveness. This program is so broken in every way. Normally when a season is in the tank you can at least see some eager freshman and young players get their chance off the bench to show something. We got nothing. If this was dohs second year i could look forward to the freshman coming next year, but it really feels like way too little way too late.

I think next years roster is a glimmer of hope. We graduate very little in the way of chemistry, and add a bunch in the way of skill. Unfortunately, none of that matters if McCoy is our PG. I'm not sure Pats can deal as the primary ball-handler in a pressing environment, and we know McCoy can't. None of this gets righted w/o a PG
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mestengo » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:04 pm

It's better when i'm there! See yea Saturday night! :D
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:40 pm

NastyStang wrote:
ALEX LIFESON wrote:Very depressing at Moody tonight, I can't imagine what the last few home games will be like.

No kidding. One of the worst game experiences this year and that's saying a lot. No crowd, dead, SMU still f'ing up everything in game presentation. I guess the PA guy that started the year is gone. This new guy announces every players name during substitutions like its the starting intros...annoying. I'm assuming the students aren't back yet? About 10 students all sitting down, although I don't blame them.

has Orsini sat through a game this year? talk about AWOL or hes doing a helluva job hiding. Turner also used to come to games more than occassionally. remember him at several Tulsa games in the past. I'd guess he is too embarrassed or disinterested to show up himself. I don't really blame them, because it would be awkward in every way right now for them to sit front and center, but still.
Hoop Fan

Postby NastyStang » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Hoop Fan wrote:
NastyStang wrote:

has Orsini sat through a game this year? talk about AWOL or hes doing a helluva job hiding. Turner also used to come to games more than occassionally. remember him at several Tulsa games in the past. I'd guess he is too embarrassed or disinterested to show up himself. I don't really blame them, because it would be awkward in every way right now for them to sit front and center, but still.

I actually thought about this before the game. He did arrive right after the game started, few rows below me. But didn't see him later in the game...
NastyStang
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball