PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

More Matt Doherty sorriness?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: More Matt Doherty sorriness?

Postby PonyDoh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:50 pm

NickSMU17 wrote:JJ has made the football team go to a couple SMU bball games...would be nice to have a good relationship

and basketball players went to their share of football home games. This is just a different situation. There isn't animosity here, like at many other schools
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ontheedgeofmyseat » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:52 pm

To put gsp in some perspective...he is the guy who has "issues" with JJ....HA! What a complete nincompoop...but, his "Hilltop Years" were football-less ..what do you expect...GO Ponies!!
ontheedgeofmyseat
Heisman

Postby George S. Patton » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:59 pm

ontheedgeofmyseat wrote:To put gsp in some perspective...he is the guy who has "issues" with JJ....HA! What a complete nincompoop...but, his "Hilltop Years" were football-less ..what do you expect...GO Ponies!!

OK, what are my issues with Jones? I said them enough times so people should know. I just want to make sure you accurately portray them.
George S. Patton

Postby Stallion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:53 pm

Quite frankly this just makes up for the hordes of SMU Football fans who had no interest in going to see Doherty's Basketball team in Hawaii. Better things to do.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyDoh » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Stallion wrote:Quite frankly this just makes up for the hordes of SMU Football fans who had no interest in going to see Doherty's Basketball team in Hawaii. Better things to do.

lol at SMU having hordes of fans in anything. The football program and it's snobby fans :lol:
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 pm

the fball team didnt go to any bball games.

I was a little disappointed not more people made their way over to see the bball team that was in HI at the same time. Nice to have beer while you watch a college game :D
Pony_Fan

Postby emilygold » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Well, if they did not attend the Bowl Game then it seems that they just wanted to avoid WINNING!
emilygold
Recruit

Postby PonyDoh » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:34 pm

emilygold wrote:Well, if they did not attend the Bowl Game then it seems that they just wanted to avoid WINNING!

Zing...I look forward to more of your posts, if only to see if you improve
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HFvictory » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm

ponyscott wrote:never saw any SMU Basketball players at the Bowl game...

Would have doubled the total attendance.
HFvictory
All-American

Postby NickSMU17 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:10 pm

17-10
NickSMU17

Postby ponyscott » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:56 pm

HFvictory wrote:

What does that mean?
ponyscott

Postby Oliver » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 am

ponyscott wrote:
HFvictory wrote:

What does that mean?

I believe hes saying that if the basketball team did in fact show up to games, the attendance would be double what it is on the season thus far. And obviously it was a bit sarcastic.

maybe I'm the one with the broken sarcasm detector by responding to this in the first place..
#GodFather #Tempo
Oliver
All-American

Postby mustangbill67 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 am

Believe it was just a negative comment about the small overall actual attendance at the Hawaii Bowl.
mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyDoh » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:21 am

mustangbill67 wrote:Believe it was just a negative comment about the small overall actual attendance at the Hawaii Bowl.

That's what I thought as well.
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyscott » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm

PonyDoh wrote:
mustangbill67 wrote:Believe it was just a negative comment about the small overall actual attendance at the Hawaii Bowl.

That's what I thought as well.

I thought so too just wanted him to answer as he doesn't know what he is talking about. SMU carried well for the circumstances and if the camera's were focused on the sunny side it would have looked better. Nevada had NO one there.
ponyscott

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball