PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thoughts on TCU loss

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Thoughts on TCU loss

Postby mustang1992 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:37 am

The crowd did not even get into the game till we started the S...M...U chant and I agree with others, it did seem more like a neutral court, rather than playing on the road.

Another opportunity slips away this season. I've accepted this year as a building year.

Two glaring stats for me were:

1. # of FT attempted
2. 3pt %
mustang1992
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:41 am

TCU overall height did bother us. But the big thing probably was this was their super bowl.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby deepellumfrog » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:26 am

I'm just sorry you don't have baseball so we could complete the trifecta in the spring. Do you have any spring sports? What do you guys do after March?

Very solid game by your team, just ran into a shooting buzzsaw. Shake is a beast, good luck in the AAC
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:32 am

Good win for the Frogs, deepellum. You've got a nice team.
ponyboy

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:41 am

Back to reality after the USC game.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 am

Don't think it's back to reality. TCU shot lights out and Kenrich Williams is the real deal. This game would have been very different in Moody. Can't wait for revenge next year in front of a crowd that actually cares
Pony ^

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:06 am

deepellumfrog wrote:I'm just sorry you don't have baseball so we could complete the trifecta in the spring. Do you have any spring sports? What do you guys do after March?

Very solid game by your team, just ran into a shooting buzzsaw. Shake is a beast, good luck in the AAC

I wish we had Baseball as well. I would be a lifetime season ticket holder. :(
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby geno » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:18 am

The recurring theme this morning seems to be, "Well, at least our crowd is better than your crowd!"
geno
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:38 am

geno wrote:The recurring theme this morning seems to be, "Well, at least our crowd is better than your crowd!"

Judging by reading killerfrogs where several posters say SMU fans were louder last night proves that point. TCU has no chance in Moody next year
Pony ^

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:41 am

Pony ^ wrote:
geno wrote:The recurring theme this morning seems to be, "Well, at least our crowd is better than your crowd!"

Judging by reading killerfrogs where several posters say SMU fans were louder last night proves that point. TCU has no chance in Moody next year

No chance of winning the game or no chance of winning the crowd noise battle?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 am

Rebel10 wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:

No chance of winning the game or no chance of winning the crowd noise battle?

game
Pony ^

Postby ReedFrawg » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:56 am

Rebel10 wrote:TCU overall height did bother us. But the big thing probably was this was their super bowl.

Not trying to be a jerk but this line is a bit ridiculous. The crowds will be bigger and better for games against UT, OU, Ok St, Kansas, WVU, Baylor, Tech. I think most TCU fans don't feel the "rivalry" with SMU means what it did even 5 - 10 years ago (even though it's still a meaningful game). Hope you guys get on a roll.
ReedFrawg
Heisman

Postby RI Stang » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 am

You're right - we had won five straight before last night - needs to be more back and forth to be a true rivalry...
RI Stang
All-American

Postby papawasamustang » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 am

TCU has had a very soft schedule, but the only game that really mattered to me was last night, & they won.

Ugly Gym.

Very disappointed in the overall play of the team. Very sloppy. Yes, TCU shoot 50% from 3 & that was the difference. They probably won't duplicate that stat again this season.

Regardless, team still seems to be searching for their identity, not even close to gelling yet IMO.
Last edited by papawasamustang on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:16 am

ReedFrawg wrote:
Rebel10 wrote:TCU overall height did bother us. But the big thing probably was this was their super bowl.

Not trying to be a jerk but this line is a bit ridiculous. The crowds will be bigger and better for games against UT, OU, Ok St, Kansas, WVU, Baylor, Tech. I think most TCU fans don't feel the "rivalry" with SMU means what it did even 5 - 10 years ago (even though it's still a meaningful game). Hope you guys get on a roll.

Just repeating a Patterson phrase to mess with TCU fans. But the RI Stang said since we had won 5 in a row it needs to be more back and forth with wins to be considered a real rivalry. Hope you guys do well too so you won’t destroy our RPI once you get in Big 12 play.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball