PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bruno no longer part of the 2016 class

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bruno no longer part of the 2016 class

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon May 23, 2016 2:59 pm

I want to feel that someone has a plan. We turned down the chance to go to the NCAA's with Nic and company to get that out of the way and move on. I can buy that, but if we aren't going to field a team of the same class and there is real risk of not making it next year I think they should have appealed, gone to the NCAAs with the best team we have seen in years and take the suspension when we are rebuilding. Seeing our incoming class dropping off the map makes me wonder if they made the right choice. I hope they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon May 23, 2016 3:12 pm

How in the world do you see next years class as falling off the map? They raised your ticket prices. Get over it.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ojaipony » Mon May 23, 2016 3:22 pm

Smulaw90 wrote:Let's be honest about the kids that generally comprise our basketball players. Most come
From an environment where they have not been properly trained or prepared for a rigorous collegiate atmosphere. Yes the Grant Hills/semi Ojuyele of the world are well
Prepared but for every 1 of them, there are 25 who are not.

You literally have to teach these students how to think, analyze and write so they can do well enough to avoid suspensions. This is where most schools fail these athletes. When I came to SMU I was ill prepared and got my arse handed to me. I had the ability, I simply didn't have the right tools in my tool box. Once I started understanding that, I began to excel and it wasn't Too long after that that it became clear I was very well qualified.

If we are going to be a perennial top 25 team, these are the students we will deal with year In and year out. It will speak volumes about our University if we designate a program to get them
On track and stop thinking that tutoring is the answer. How are you going to explain debits/credits/accounting principles to a kid whose parents never owned:operated/ran a business ?

Great post. I had a very similar experience. Completely agree.
ojaipony

Postby Rebel10 » Mon May 23, 2016 3:47 pm

ojaipony wrote:
Smulaw90 wrote:Let's be honest about the kids that generally comprise our basketball players. Most come
From an environment where they have not been properly trained or prepared for a rigorous collegiate atmosphere. Yes the Grant Hills/semi Ojuyele of the world are well
Prepared but for every 1 of them, there are 25 who are not.

You literally have to teach these students how to think, analyze and write so they can do well enough to avoid suspensions. This is where most schools fail these athletes. When I came to SMU I was ill prepared and got my arse handed to me. I had the ability, I simply didn't have the right tools in my tool box. Once I started understanding that, I began to excel and it wasn't Too long after that that it became clear I was very well qualified.

If we are going to be a perennial top 25 team, these are the students we will deal with year In and year out. It will speak volumes about our University if we designate a program to get them
On track and stop thinking that tutoring is the answer. How are you going to explain debits/credits/accounting principles to a kid whose parents never owned:operated/ran a business ?

Great post. I had a very similar experience. Completely agree.

His post is not relevant to Bruno nor Kapita because they will not even be able to get past the NCAA clearinghouse to enroll at SMU even if that type of program existed.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon May 23, 2016 6:27 pm

mrydel wrote:How in the world do you see next years class as falling off the map? They raised your ticket prices. Get over it.

I thought we were losing Kapita and Bruno. Isn't that 40% of the class?

I'm not seeing a link between this and raised ticket prices.

I come from a culture where fans are better treated. Get over it.

Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon May 23, 2016 6:30 pm

You have complained about everything to do with the basketball program since they raised the prices. We never had Kapita and Bruno because they were never qualified. It is not like they backed out and went elsewhere. And without them we still have a pretty good class coming in. Falling off the map is pretty blatant disservice to the excellent players joining us. Yes it would be good to have a good big but we are not bare in the cupboard.
mrydel

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon May 23, 2016 6:39 pm

I've complained about everything since our basketball program became a national disgrace. You may be ok with what happened. I'm not.

Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon May 23, 2016 6:42 pm

Then just keep on complaining. I for one am going to enjoy a great year coming up.
mrydel

Postby RGV Pony » Mon May 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:I've complained about everything since our basketball program became a national disgrace. You may be ok with what happened. I'm not.

When you talk about our program being a national disgrace you are saying that about Nic, Jordan, Tom, Harry and Dashawn...none of whom from what I have seen contribute to a disgrace. Not to mention Semi with his 3.7 gpa
RGV Pony

Postby hoopmanx » Mon May 23, 2016 8:02 pm

We suck, cancel the season, Abu has spoken.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon May 23, 2016 8:46 pm

Not every coach can show the class and honor of June Jones. #WhenIsMyTeeTime #INeedAMapToFindDesoto #CanYouBelieveTheyArePayingMe2MillionForThis
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon May 23, 2016 11:29 pm

I'm not saying anything like any of that.

Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue May 24, 2016 1:27 am

RGV Pony wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote:I've complained about everything since our basketball program became a national disgrace. You may be ok with what happened. I'm not.

When you talk about our program being a national disgrace you are saying that about Nic, Jordan, Tom, Harry and Dashawn...none of whom from what I have seen contribute to a disgrace. Not to mention Semi with his 3.7 gpa

What a drama queen.

In the past 20 years, are there even 5 players I am prouder of for being SMU Mustangs than Nic Moore & Markus Kennedy?

2-time AAC POY / 2-time AAC 6th man award.

Disgrace? No Way.
SoCal_Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue May 24, 2016 8:45 am

motherland beers - hey there strong.

I just renewed my basketball tickets yesterday Deadbeats .
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Tue May 24, 2016 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue May 24, 2016 8:51 am

mrydel wrote:How in the world do you see next years class as falling off the map? They raised your ticket prices. Get over it.

Cold
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball