PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs. TX State

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs. TX State

Postby PoconoPony » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Doh interview indicates 59 points scored in 2d half, but no defensive effort in 1st half. Too many rationalizations and attributions to team still maturing.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:39 pm

Frisco, let's just say the players have tuned him out.
George S. Patton

Postby FriscoPMG » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:43 pm

George S. Patton wrote:Frisco, let's just say the players have tuned him out.
Afraid so...which generally means you need a new voice and leader in the room...
FriscoPMG
All-American

Postby ibezu2 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:50 pm

This team may not win a conference game.
ibezu2
Recruit

Postby PonyDoh » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm not sure there is a buyout for Doh. Heard he was air tight through next season. Just wow
“When I first committed to SMU, I thought it would take a couple of years of building. But with these players coming in, we should make a run. We have a lot of heavy hitters. It could get real ugly for a lot of teams we play.”- Jalen Jones
PonyDoh
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby George S. Patton » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:48 pm

Doh, if they can't move him out, then 2010-11 is already a lost cause and the program falls deeper into the abyss.

That contract is a real mess and if it is what you say it is, then go hang Orsini on this. To box yourself in is really poor negotiating.

I don't care what it takes. Something has to be done this spring.
George S. Patton

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:16 pm

these days, you need to give guys a long term deal to give them any chance at all. seems like Doh has had his chance and this thing is definitely backing up. Given the fact there is no revenue (attendance), I guess Doh gets to stay for the remainder of his contract unless the Circle of Champions feels an immediate change is needed

each year under Doherty I have thought we hit bottom and would start building in the right direction. Now...I'm not sure how low this program can get
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RE Tycoon » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:17 pm

PonyDoh wrote:I'm not sure there is a buyout for Doh. Heard he was air tight through next season. Just wow

Can you elaborate? How confident are you with this information? This is horrible news if true.

I hate people that knee-jerk, but if something isn't done with Doherty before next season, I can't see myself renewing my season tickets. It's already hard enough to convince myself to go the next game, I can't imagine shelling out hundreds of dollars again next year for this same crap.
#NewLobCity
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby papawasamustang » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Saw Aliaksei Patsevich play today. I am really concerned about this young man.
This is the 2nd game in a row that I have seen him play where he just didn't show up to play.
I'm questioning this guys heart. He played 3 minutes in the first half, jogged & loafed around.
Coach pulled him & sat him out the rest of the half. He starts the 2nd half & does the same damn thing. Plays 2 minutes, loafs around & gets pulled for the final 18 minutes. Looked like he could care less. Finished with an 3 pts. 1 for 3 shooting & just a really sad performance.

After the CCCC game, return to my car & start listening to another uninspired road L by the Ponies.

What a day for men's hoops.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby smupony94 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Baylor women are up 68-8 on Texas State
smupony94

Postby papawasamustang » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:29 pm

RE Tycoon wrote:
PonyDoh wrote:I'm not sure there is a buyout for Doh. Heard he was air tight through next season. Just wow

Can you elaborate? How confident are you with this information? This is horrible news if true.

I hate people that knee-jerk, but if something isn't done with Doherty before next season, I can't see myself renewing my season tickets. It's already hard enough to convince myself to go the next game, I can't imagine shelling out hundreds of dollars again next year for this same crap.

Its not knee jerk. Honestly, I can't believe he's still here. Should have been gone end of last season.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby ponyscott » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 pm

papawasamustang wrote:Saw Aliaksei Patsevich play today. I am really concerned about this young man.
This is the 2nd game in a row that I have seen him play where he just didn't show up to play.
I'm questioning this guys heart. He played 3 minutes in the first half, jogged & loafed around.
Coach pulled him & sat him out the rest of the half. He starts the 2nd half & does the same damn thing. Plays 2 minutes, loafs around & gets pulled for the final 18 minutes. Looked like he could care less. Finished with an 3 pts. 1 for 3 shooting & just a really sad performance.

Wow that's not good...maybe not enough background and knowledge about this kid and he was offered a full scholarship..hopefully he comes around.... maybe he's sick....that time of year.
ponyscott

Postby papawasamustang » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:56 pm

ponyscott wrote:
papawasamustang wrote:Saw Aliaksei Patsevich play today. I am really concerned about this young man.

Wow that's not good...maybe not enough background and knowledge about this kid and he was offered a full scholarship..hopefully he comes around.... maybe he's sick....that time of year.

I've seen him play great. He just isn't hustling
for some reason. If Doh stays, fun times ahead
watching him try to coach this dude.
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby ponyscott » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:14 pm

papawasamustang wrote:
ponyscott wrote:

I've seen him play great. He just isn't hustling
for some reason. If Doh stays, fun times ahead
watching him try to coach this dude.

Thanks for the response and after watching the film on him I was really looking forward to watching him play...maybe someone else can bring him around at SMU..I will go out and see this kid before the season is out.
ponyscott

Postby SMU 86 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 am

Maybe he is not playing hard because e knows he is coming to SMU and has nothing to prove. That could be the reason, not that it is right.
"We will play man to man and we will pick you up at the airport." - Larry Brown

________________________Champion________________________
SMU 86

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball