PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official SMU-Houston Game Thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official SMU-Houston Game Thread

Postby smu diamond m » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 am

Papa was incredible tonight. There was a lot of energy with the team tonight. We got torn up from the perimeter. UH was draining 3s, sometimes completely uncontested. And they got way too many uncontested looks [which were missed].

GO PONIES
Sir, shooting-star, sir.
Frosh 2005 (TEN YEARS AGO!?!)
The original Heavy Metal.
smu diamond m
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:46 am

smu diamond m wrote:Papa was incredible tonight. There was a lot of energy with the team tonight. We got torn up from the perimeter. UH was draining 3s, sometimes completely uncontested. And they got way too many uncontested looks [which were missed].

GO PONIES

Are you talking about these?

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1407165419558
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Official SMU-Houston Game Thread i

Postby papawasamustang » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:30 am

First win against U of H since joining CUSA.
I love it! Nice to see Clink step up & provide
a 4 th scoring option. MONSTER Dia! Outstanding.
Great matchup between the top 2 guards in the league.
Dwill does it again.
Great win!
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby ponyscott » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:41 am

Decent crowd of 3,500 last night, but a real crappy display of student support. We had one, count em, one sorority there last night ( thanks to those girls and it looked like the whole chapter came)and NO frat boys at the game. That was the worst. It was on a Saturday night and early enough to watch the game and then go do what you want.....I hope that for the Marshall game next Saturday we get a decent student turn out...Any SMU students listening out there?????
ponyscott

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:12 pm

yep, DG was in da house. Not many others though.
RGV Pony

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:18 pm

ponyscott wrote:Decent crowd of 3,500 last night, but a real crappy display of student support. We had one, count em, one sorority there last night ( thanks to those girls and it looked like the whole chapter came)and NO frat boys at the game. That was the worst. It was on a Saturday night and early enough to watch the game and then go do what you want.....I hope that for the Marshall game next Saturday we get a decent student turn out...Any SMU students listening out there?????

Marshall game next Saturday is on the first weekend of Spring Break...there will be no students there whatsoever.
CalallenStang

Postby ponyscott » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 pm

CalallenStang wrote:
ponyscott wrote:Decent crowd of 3,500 last night, but a real crappy display of student support. We had one, count em, one sorority there last night ( thanks to those girls and it looked like the whole chapter came)and NO frat boys at the game. That was the worst. It was on a Saturday night and early enough to watch the game and then go do what you want.....I hope that for the Marshall game next Saturday we get a decent student turn out...Any SMU students listening out there?????

Marshall game next Saturday is on the first weekend of Spring Break...there will be no students there whatsoever.

Well isn't that special?......a shame we won't have the student support. Its always something.....
ponyscott

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 pm

ponyscott wrote:
CalallenStang wrote:

Well isn't that special?......a shame we won't have the student support. Its always something.....

We just didn't get lucky with the scheduling this year. SMU schedules spring break a week earlier than most schools and this year spring break happened to start while basketball was still going on.

So the student section will consist of the band who are the only dedicated fans of SMU sports among the student body save for people like Harry0569.
CalallenStang

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 pm

damn, school's been back in session since what, 1/19? and spring break already?
RGV Pony

Postby Harry0569 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Well isn't that special?......a shame we won't have the student support. Its always something.....[/quote]

We just didn't get lucky with the scheduling this year. SMU schedules spring break a week earlier than most schools and this year spring break happened to start while basketball was still going on.

So the student section will consist of the band who are the only dedicated fans of SMU sports among the student body save for people like Harry0569.[/quote]

Haha I was the lone guy in the red shirt last night behind the scorer's table. I made my flight for spring break sunday, so that I could see us play Marshall!
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby BIGHORSE » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:24 pm

Maybe the games should be in the afternoon, the frat boys have to party on Sat. night.
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyscott » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:28 pm

BIGHORSE wrote:Maybe the games should be in the afternoon, the frat boys have to party on Sat. night.

They should start their partying after the game then. The game was over around 9....thats still early enough for a great evening. Its ridiculous that they don't show support for the school. It should be a scheduling requirement to go to the games by the frats.
ponyscott

Postby BIGHORSE » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:39 pm

ponyscott wrote:
BIGHORSE wrote:Maybe the games should be in the afternoon, the frat boys have to party on Sat. night.

They should start their partying after the game then. The game was over around 9....thats still early enough for a great evening. Its ridiculous that they don't show support for the school. It should be a scheduling requirement to go to the games by the frats.

I agree, but it still disrupts thier party plans.
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby MustangIcon » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm

ponyscott wrote:

I am a huge SMU sports fan, and was as an undergrad, but this is a stupid statement.
MustangIcon
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:40 pm

Harry0569 wrote:Well isn't that special?......a shame we won't have the student support. Its always something.....

So the student section will consist of the band who are the only dedicated fans of SMU sports among the student body save for people like Harry0569.[/quote]

Haha I was the lone guy in the red shirt last night behind the scorer's table. I made my flight for spring break sunday, so that I could see us play Marshall![/quote]

So what was the deal on Saturday. I saw you as the lone ranger. Makes no sense there weren't more students. Was there a big frat party? They showed up for one game all season (Memphis). I don't get it.
Pony_Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball