PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official SMU-Houston Game Thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official SMU-Houston Game Thread

Postby Harry0569 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:56 pm

There were sorority formals, but still I agree no excuse.

On a side note, instead of calling out just the frats, why don't we call out the whole student body for not showing up? Greek life makes up under 30 percent of students on campus, that leaves over 4,000 students that have been spared the wrath of PF.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Ok, yes you are right - frats are small dose. Grad students, general student population... where are they? Is there any marketing for the games on campus lately?
Pony_Fan

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Harry0569 wrote:There were sorority formals, but still I agree no excuse.

On a side note, instead of calling out just the frats, why don't we call out the whole student body for not showing up? Greek life makes up under 30 percent of students on campus, that leaves over 4,000 students that have been spared the wrath of PF.

Last I checked, greek life was 35% of males and 45% of females which would be over 40% (since there are more females than males at SMU). By no means is it a majority of the students, though.

I think the Greeks are panned by most on PonyFans because the Greeks take leadership roles in planning most other on-campus events (i.e. parties, Sing Song, etc.) When the Greeks ignore something, the rest of the campus ignores it.
CalallenStang

Postby CalallenStang » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:11 pm

Pony_Fan wrote:Ok, yes you are right - frats are small dose. Grad students, general student population... where are they? Is there any marketing for the games on campus lately?

Other than emails to students, no.
CalallenStang

Previous

Return to Basketball