PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rhonda's team droppin' like flies

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Rhonda's team droppin' like flies

Postby OnceAMustang21 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:05 pm

First Rhonda couldn't control her team, now she can't even keep it. SMU needs to do some serious rearranging in the Women's Basketball Offices is they ever expect to have another winning season. Four players have opted to forego the 04-05 season with the team and that only leave six players on the team who have played together in the past year, there's not chance for the women's team to see any post season play again this year. How long is it gonna take before the AD decides to do something about this situation?
OnceAMustang21

Postby perunafan » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:15 pm

Which players have opted out
perunafan

Postby OnceAMustang21 » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:35 pm

Kaira White, Jenna Leet, Alisa Wright, and Janielle Dobbs
OnceAMustang21

Re:

Postby The XtC » Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:56 pm

[quote="OnceAMustang21"]Kaira White, Jenna Leet, Alisa Wright, and Janielle Dobbs[/quote]

Janielle Dodds (correct spelling) is still on the team, she has an injury and is wearing one of those walking boot thingies, but she is still on the team. At least she was when I spoke to her this morning. So, you may want to check your information again.

Kaira White retired because of chronic knee problems. Jenna Leet apparently decided she preferred sorority life. I dont know why Alisa quit, as she never came back to school for the fall. It may have been playing time, she seemed to be getting squeezed out last year.

I am more worried about the injuries amongst our remaining players, than the ones who left. They'll be fine if they're healthy, but they'll struggle if they go into the season still dealing with injuries.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby OnceAMustang21 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:03 pm

I must make a correction to the players that have opted out this year....Janielle Dodds is still on the team, Jennifer Sweeney has decided not to return
OnceAMustang21

Postby The XtC » Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:48 pm

Yes, Jen Swinney (again, the correct spelling) "opted out." 6 months ago. Nice to see you stay so current. I believe they used her scholarship for Kenzie Cole, the girl who transferred here from Oklahoma State. I guess you could say she "opted in", right?
The XtC
Heisman

Postby OnceAMustang21 » Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:20 pm

You really shouldn't accuse someone else of not being "current", when you can't keep track of what's going on. If you were "current" then you would know that Kenzie Cole signed at the end of last year, and Jen quit just a couple weeks before class started for reasons that can't be discussed. Therefore, there was no "using of a scholarship" when there was not one in the first place. On the other hand, how do you know the real reason that kaira quit was because of her "chronic knee problems?" The coaches in that department do a real good job at "covering up". kaira quit because the coaches took authority. And if you have been alive in the past year, you would know that this isn't the first attempt to try and control Ms. White. You see, she's been missing some conditioning, a vital part of basketball, because of her "chronic knee problems". When the coaches put their foot down for her to make up those sessions, she replied with "I'd rather quit" and that's exactly what she did!
By the way, Alisa transferred to be closer to her family in Arkansas, and as for Jenna, that's still in question. So, XtC, how's that for being current!!!
OnceAMustang21

Postby The XtC » Mon Sep 20, 2004 12:01 am

I'm sorry, but someone who cant get the players names right doesnt have that much credibility. Yesterday you didnt even know which players were actually gone, or how to spell their names, but tonight you've got all the inside info? Pardon me if I take this all with a grain of salt.

Back in March you and your other screen names were complaining because you felt that Rhonda had lost control of the team, in particular Kaira. Now, according to your own statement, Rhonda has been re-establishing discipline and Kaira quit because of it, but you're still complaining? Make up your mind, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Seriously, you cant have it both ways. Either losing her and the other girls is a terrible thing and shows a problem in the program, or its a sign of the coaches re-establishing control and a player who couldnt take the discipline left. One way or the other, you tell me what it was, and I'll live with that. But it cant be both.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:18 am

I've been watching this thread for the past day, and I only have one comment, if you have an argument between your two screen names, are you schizophrenic.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ikus » Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:16 pm

On the other hand, don't we have some absolute stud recruits coming in?
Ikus
Heisman

Postby The XtC » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:47 pm

Katie Cobb was MVP of the AAU national championship tourney, she will start right away, and could be the WAC Newcomer of the Year. Joslyn Greenard also looks like she will play immediately, how much may depend on how Julie Colli's rehab goes. Brittany Barker will probably also see time immediately, to provide depth in the low post.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby Corso » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:51 pm

Now there's a fan who knows hoops!
8)
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby OldPony » Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:46 pm

Is OnceaMustang really John Kerry?
OldPony
Heisman

Re: Rhonda's team droppin' like flies

Postby The XtC » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:49 am

[quote="OnceAMustang21"]First Rhonda couldn't control her team, now she can't even keep it. SMU needs to do some serious rearranging in the Women's Basketball Offices is they ever expect to have another winning season. Four players have opted to forego the 04-05 season with the team and that only leave six players on the team who have played together in the past year, there's not chance for the women's team to see any post season play again this year. How long is it gonna take before the AD decides to do something about this situation?[/quote]

Its a real shame about those players who Opted Out. They're missing an exciting season.
Try not to choke on the Kool-Aid.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby Peruna88 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 12:51 pm

What made you think to resurrect this dead thread? :lol:

Just for fun a couple of weeks ago, I did some research and found Alisa at Arkansas Tech and Jen Sweeney at Central Arkansas, both in the Gulf South Conference.

Alisa has started 8 of 13 games and is averaging 6.5 PPG and 2.8 RPG in 13 MPG. The Golden Suns are 5-8, 0-0.

As for Jen, their web stats are down, but the Sugar Bears are 6-5, 0-0.
Peruna88
All-American

Return to Basketball