PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Midnight Madness

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Midnight Madness

Postby DickerJames » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:35 pm

I am very glad to see the return of Midnight Madness to Moody this year. I know that we are attendance challenged and while I don't expect a big crowd, there is excitement in the air. I truly believe better days are coming in mens basketball and I can't wait.
DickerJames
All-American

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:20 pm

I resisted commenting on this. I am a huge Jimmy Tubbs fan and I do think there is a lot of excitement for the program right now. Having said that, I dont think a coach will create much of a turnout for a midnight practice. I hope there is a plan to draw some students out with some free pizza or something. Not sure many alums or their kids will be there on a Thursday night.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re:

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:29 pm

Hoop Fan wrote: Not sure many alums or their kids will be there on a Thursday night.

I think it's actually on a Friday nite. October 15. Late enough to be after highschool football games. Maybe we'll have a good turnout.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Re:

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:45 pm

H-E-B Mustang wrote:
Hoop Fan wrote: Not sure many alums or their kids will be there on a Thursday night.

I think it's actually on a Friday nite. October 15. Late enough to be after highschool football games. Maybe we'll have a good turnout.

Maybe, but unless the NCAA moved the official start of practice to the 16th this year, the idea is to practice at 12:01 am on the 15th, the traditional date practice can begin. Anybody know the deal?
Hoop Fan

Postby indianmustang » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:36 pm

I AM EAGERLY WAITING FOR THE BASKETBALL SEASON TO START
I AM TIRED OF SMU LOSING
indianmustang

Postby DickerJames » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:25 am

I am not concerned about the attendance issue for this event. We haven't been a top 25 or tournament team in a very long time, therfore the expectations of a big turnout would be foolish. I am excited about the schools commitment to this event, and the fact that you have to start doing the things top programs do if you want to be one. I applaud whomever is responsible for the vision to start this thing now, instead of always waiting for better conditions.
DickerJames
All-American

Postby Stampede » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:46 am

I, too, amd excited about Midnight Madness. Coach Jim Tubbs has the team working extremely hard and tehy are responding. Midnight Madness will be a fun event and, yes...plans are underway to make it interactive for the students.

Come out and join in the fun!
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby mustangfriend1 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:27 pm

I just wanted to let all of you know that Midnight madness is technically Saturday morning October 16th at 12:01am. That will seem to most of use like Friday night of October 15th. Just thought you might like to know!
mustangfriend1

Postby giacfsp » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:30 pm

Schedule for the 15th:

Get off work, watch the men's soccer team spank Tulsa, Midnight Madness.

Can't wait!
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:09 pm

Roll call for Midnight Madness??

I hope to be there.
Pony_Fan

Postby Pony Up » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:00 pm

Coming up from Waco for it!

I'll grab an early dinner at Snuffer's, catch the soccer game (go Ponies!) with giacfsp (???) and the rest of the PonyFans, then it's off to Moody to see Hopkins, Simpson, Isham, Castro and the rest, and to get my first look at a Tubbs-coached team!
Pony Up
All-American

Postby JasonB » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:53 am

Anyone know why a Women's roster has been posted, but no roster for the men's team?
JasonB

Postby Ikus » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:02 pm

Don't know. If anything, I would think it would be the women's team (with several players having left since last year) that would be unclear on its roster.

Maybe they're waiting so Coach Tubbs can make his grand announcement at Midnight Madness!
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:11 am

So, how did it go last night? Did anyone attend? I wasn't able to make it.

Please give report.

thanks!
Pony_Fan

Return to Basketball