PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

K Rogers picked Baylor

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

K Rogers picked Baylor

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:23 pm

Theres no sugarcoating it, thats a big loss. This Scott Drew guy must really be a salesmen. Still, there is no doubt in my mind that Tubbs is gonna take SMU's program to another level.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:00 am

That's too bad. On the other hand his stock was falling in the eyes of some big programs and he might be a head case or immature. I'm wondering if Tubbs backed off as well.
EastStang

Postby Stampede » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:41 pm

The answer, East Stang, is a definite YES. No disrespect, sometimes certain players are "not a fit" for SMU and Coach T makes those calls.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby True Colors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:55 am

Oh, okay. So you are saying that because Kevin did not pick SMU, then he must be a thug and a head case, and SMU must have never really wanted him in the first place, right?

Sorry, but nothing could be further from the truth. This is EXACTLY the type of prospect that SMU would like to have. Kevin is not only a super nice kid, but also the student body president at his high school, and a strong Christian as well.

TC
True Colors
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:40 am

Hey that's what CBS Sportline was reporting, I just saw it and wondered if Tubbs pulled the offer. One person said he did pull it on this board. I don't know one way or another. If he is as you described, then Baylor may very well be the best place for him.
EastStang

Postby True Colors » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:39 am

Please show us where CBS called Rogers either a thug or a head case.

Your sources are also bad if you think that SMU backed off of Rogers. Even as recently as 5 days ago, they were still asking him to come in for a weekend visit.

The bottom line is that Baylor got a recruit whom SMU wanted. Sometimes you win these things, sometimes you lose. No need to say negative about the recruit just because things did not go your way this time.

TC
True Colors
Scout Team

Postby Stallion » Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:09 am

it appears by the definition of many SMU "insiders" we back-off on just about 99% of the top players in the state of Texas every year.
Stallion

Postby EastStang » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:21 am

Where did I use the word, "thug". I did use the words "head case".
Here is the quote from CBS Sportsline.

"A number of major basketball programs have dropped Rogers from their list of recruiting targets: Kansas, Arizona, Georgia Tech and Texas, to name four.

The 6-foot-8 Rogers now is considering B-list Texas basketball programs such as Baylor and Texas A&M -- not bad options, but a dropoff from the schools once in the hunt. His fall can be attributed to two things: One, the proposed package deal of Rogers and 6-6 wing C.J. Miles (a deal proposed mostly by Rogers) was ruled out by elite programs. Two, schools wonder if Rogers is mature enough to make the jump to a Top 25 program."

Whether proposing a package deal with another player who has not agreed to it, makes one a head case is a matter of opinion.

Again, I asked a question. You apparently know this kid and seem to have gotten information from another source.
EastStang

Return to Basketball