PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

\"Q\" and the Clippers

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

\"Q\" and the Clippers

Postby greglombardo » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:05 pm

I am new to Ponyfans.com, but I will try to check it every couple of weeks or so. My wife and Q are first cousins. We are Q's only family in California. I have read the forums and realize that many of you care about Q and how he is doing. I spoke to him after the Warriors game (we live in No. Cal) and he is doing well. He said his ankle was feeling better after hurting it before the Sonics game. Overall, Q is very happy to be on the Clippers and is having a great time. He has settled down in the LA area with his wife and newborn daughter. He is enjoying the Clippers success so far and so is the rest of the team. We will be flying down to LA on Wed for the Lakers game. I will pass on to him that many of you are wishing him well in this forum. I am sure he will appreciate it.
greglombardo

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:57 pm

Thanks for the post. There are a lot of us on this board who are huge Q fans. He was a great Mustang on and off the court. I’m thrilled his hard work paid off by getting a chance with the Clippers. It seems to be a really good situation for Q. And having spent nearly four years in LA I know it’s a great place to live. Let him know that the SMU family is following him and we wish him the best.
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:58 pm

Thanks for posting here, its great to hear about Q firsthand. He deserves everything he gets. Q is a class act and was always appreciated here.
Hoop Fan

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:49 pm

Greg,

Thanks for the post and welcome. Yes, we love the Q and wish him the best with the Clippers. He was always a class act and it was great to have him spend 4 years at the Hilltop.
Pony_Fan

Postby stein000012 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:15 am

Thanks for the post...

I'm an SMU alum in Southern California who closely follows our BBALL team. I love turning on the Clippers game every night and seeing Q play his 15-20 minutes a game. His defense has been excellent and I really hope he continues to get the minutes. I am a little worried that once Kittles returns Q's minutes could go down significantly.

I have met Q a few times when he was playing in CA for SMU and he seems to be a nice, down to earth person. Please pass on our best wishes and wish him luck from all SMU BBALL fans.

Thanks,

STEIN
stein000012
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball