PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tonight's Game

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tonight's Game

Postby osu9400 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:38 pm

Hey ponies-

Tonights game makes me a little nervous:

- SMU is playing well
- OSU has struggled thus far. Traditionally, we play our best ball after Christmas
- OSU is a team full of talent but trying to find an identity integrating new players
- Our first road game

Those items considered, it will be an excellent game and I predict the Pokes to win by 17. I wish I could be there.

Thoughts?
osu9400

Postby RE Tycoon » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:02 pm

I wouldn't say SMU is playing well, in fact we have been far from playing well. The only good thing is that the game is at Moody and we usually put up a fight here.
RE Tycoon
Hall of Famer

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Nov 29, 2004 5:59 pm

osu9400,

In our first two games we struggled against teams that we should have handled easily. Our guys are still adjusting to a new coach and a new system, but we do have a talented group of players. I think a big key tonight will be the crowd. Hopefully, SMU will have a decent showing because we all know the OSU Metroplex alums will show up.

We played Wake around this time last year at Moody, I believe they were ranked #10, and it was a very competitive game. We had a shot to take the lead with two minutes to play but Wake hit their FTs and won by 12. I think this could be a similar type game. The PG match-up, Hopkins and Lucas, should be fun to watch, but we’ll have trouble stopping Graham. He's a damn good player.
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball