PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

short and sweet recap from my view

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

short and sweet recap from my view

Postby Hoop Fan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:42 pm

On OSUs first possession of the night, they got 4 offensive rebounds and finally converted a long jumper from the corner. That didnt end the game, but it was a definite omen. We are not strong enough or tough enough on the boards or on the floor to compete with Ok State right now. I didn't really think that leopard could change its spots overnight, but thats why we lost. Yeah Hopkins could have played much better, but do any of you recognize what happens when frustration sets in and a guy presses too much? On a team of below average shooters, Hopkins is one of the few that can heat up and hit difficult shots. It didn't happen tonight. Thats life.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:24 am

One thing for sure...B-Hop is no Lucas. Seemed like that kid was hitting damn near every shot he put up from wherever he wanted (the box score says otherwise, but it seemed that way to me). B-Hop could not defend him. B-Hop took 17 shots and made only one...that is terrible. If you are having a bad night, give the damn ball to someone else...don't keep shooting it.

Sure thing number two...Tubbs has got his work cut out for him.

There were some bright spots, Roberts looks like he is going to be a really good player...young now, but good. Isham was looking better than he has in awhile. Chris Reay seemed to be the only one out there with a sugar high...he was every where when he was in. Eric had an OK night, but they should have parked him inside next to the basket rather than at high post (IMHO).
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball