PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Shocking display against Tech

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Will this game seriously effect SMU's ability to recruit in Texas?

Yes
14%
No
29%
Lets pray it doesn't!!!
57%

Total votes : 7

Shocking display against Tech

Postby braginator » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:49 pm

I aint jumping off the bandwagon, and I know this doesnt represent how we will play in the WAC, bu this may be the worst college bball game I have ever witnessed. This game is embarrasing, and as the announcers mentioned this was high school night where local coaches and their players were suppoesed to come and see two Texas teams on the rise. All we can do is hope this game doesnt seriously hamper recruiting Remember this game is one of our few tv games and there are defintiely kids from all over our new target, the Metroplex watching what is going on!!! :roll:
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby Mike Damone » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:56 pm

I'd say yes, but it probably won't. We'll still get the same average players we always do.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby Techsan-81 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:04 pm

Relax, guys. Yeah, this game was on TV, but it's not like it was on ESPN Big Monday or something. Outside Lubbock and Dallas not many folks saw this game.

Tubbs recruiting impact won't be affected much one way or the other by a game in December. He needs to show progress with this team and be competitive in February.

But to knee jerk and say the ship is sinking already is a bit extreme.

Remember, Tech beat UNC Asheville worse than this (119 - 55). We might be pretty good, the TCU debacle notwithstanding.
Techsan-81

Postby braginator » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:08 pm

Not worried baout the season, but I do think it is significant this game was on tv in Dallas, which is supposed to be the heart of where we wanna recruit.
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby stang_fan » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:02 am

Not in and of itself, but losses to TCU and Baylor could finish us for a year or so. A loss to Texas State would set us back about 3 years and I'm not sure this team can beat a decent team right now.
stang_fan
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball