PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Offense

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU Offense

Postby ponydawg » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:51 am

Not sure I am a big fan of the offense we have been running this year. I don't like it that we have Hopkins dribble up the floor and then pass directly to a center at the top of the key. By doing this it puts our centers in a bad situation, they can't and shouldn't take a bunch of shots from the top of the key, they can't and shouldn't dribble the ball up there, and they shouldn't be expected to read the defense and make great pass to our guards slashing to the bucket. Our big guys seem to get nervous out there, travel or make a bad pass. Our big guys should stay under the basket, and in there range. Way to many travels and sloppy bad passes.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby jtstang » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:49 pm

We should run B Knight's half court offense--that is a true motion offense which gets people open in areas where they can get a legit shot off.
jtstang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:01 pm

It looks an awful like Dement's top of the key offense to me. The center takes the ball at the top of the key and Hopkins just runs around to the side and everyone stands there wandering what to do.

The announcer said we run a 1-4. I think the 4 and 5 are on the high post and based on the defender the 2 and 3 try to get open.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball