PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU BLOWS OUT SMU AGAIN!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU BLOWS OUT SMU AGAIN!

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:58 pm

IN WOMENS BBALL TONIGHT ON FOX TV. TCU LED BY ALMOST 30 POINTS AT ONE POINT.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby youngalumpony » Fri Dec 03, 2004 3:16 am

It's interesting, I didn't see you post anything after any of the lady mustangs' four wins to open the season, including two against ncaa teams from last year.......
youngalumpony
Junior Varsity

Postby couch 'em » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:05 am

losing to TCU's women's team is not shameful this year. They have already blown out teams in the top 10.
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby 2112 » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:16 am

Mabey the constant blowouts to TCU are starting to get to Alex. I know that they have worn me down. But let's keep feeling good about 20 point losses to TCU, just shows once again how far they have pulled away from us in almost every sport. But in case your wondering, I did watch most of the game on FOX last night, but like most of our games it made me nauseous.
Heisman

Postby LakeHighlandsPony » Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:39 am

Has Rompola won a conference title yet?! I really do not know. Doesn't Mansfield have a High School coach that wins state year after year. It would seem if Baylor and TCU can have success year we could too.
LakeHighlandsPony
Hall of Famer

Re:

Postby MustangStealth » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:53 am

LakeHighlandsPony wrote:Has Rompola won a conference title yet?! I really do not know.

Yes, I believe one regular season and one tournament (beating a top 5 Colorado State team).

It would seem if Baylor and TCU can have success year we could too.

Rhonda built our program. She took us to the WNIT once and the NCAA tournament I believe 6 out of 7 years. From when she took over the program in 1991, TCU did not beat us ONCE until 2001. We won 19 in a row in the series. Then they got a new coach and Sandora Irvin (Michael's niece), who is an All-America caliber player. They will not be nearly as good next year when she is gone.

We have been down the last few years, mainly because we have had numerous serious injuries and the current WAC has crippled recruiting. We still have a good (not great) team this year and you can never say that the girls give up like certain other teams do. Look for us to return to where we were in the late 90's when we get into CUSA.
MustangStealth
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby abezontar » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:46 am

Ditto to MustangStealth, Rhonda is one of the coaches at SMU that has earned her tenure, if you followed SMU Women's basketball at all you would know that. I too am disappointed about last night, but I have also seen Rhonda's teams knock of top 25 teams, and make it to the NCAA tourney. She has had more success than ANY of our revenue sports since the death penalty.
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball