PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Oak Hill's Long Winning Streak Stopped

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Oak Hill's Long Winning Streak Stopped

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:13 pm

lost by one point last week-they are now 4-1. Little info on Banba Falls on the Oak Hill website because he has not been one of their top 4 scorers in any of their games.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby The XtC » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:44 pm

Kansas signee Julian Wright scored 19 to lead Homewoood Flossmoor (southern Illinois) to a come from behind upset of Oak Hill at the Marshall County Hoopfest.

Bamba started both of Oak Hills games at the tournament, but did not score a point in either game. Power forward David Palmer (Illinois signee) Also had just one basket. Between them, Fall and Palmer only seem to be taking about 5 shots per game, almost all of Oak Hills points are coming from Durant, Devendorf, Lawson and Gordon. KC Rivers has missed all 5 games with a broken ankle, but is set to return this month.

I found a good picture of Bamba guarding Wright in the low post. I'll put it up here when I figure out how.
Try not to choke on the Kool-Aid.
The XtC
Heisman

Re:

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:04 pm

The XtC wrote:Kansas signee Julian Wright scored 19 to lead Homewoood Flossmoor (southern Illinois) to a come from behind upset of Oak Hill at the Marshall County Hoopfest.

Bamba started both of Oak Hills games at the tournament, but did not score a point in either game. Power forward David Palmer (Illinois signee) Also had just one basket. Between them, Fall and Palmer only seem to be taking about 5 shots per game, almost all of Oak Hills points are coming from Durant, Devendorf, Lawson and Gordon. KC Rivers has missed all 5 games with a broken ankle, but is set to return this month.

I found a good picture of Bamba guarding Wright in the low post. I'll put it up here when I figure out how.

The Palmer stat is almost as suprising as Fall. A guy going to the current #1 team in the country gets one bucket in a high school game, amazing. Also, its not often you get to correct an Xtc comment, so I'll be ultra petty and say Homewood Flossmoor is a suburb to the south of Chicago. They play pretty good hoops in Southern Illinois too, but there arent many Julian Wrights found down there.
Hoop Fan

Petty correction to the Chicken

Postby The Falcon » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:22 am

Sorry to be so petty since it was a minor point in your discourse, but
being from Northern Illinois, I must correct you to say that Homewood-
Flossmoor is in Northern Illinois not Southern Illinois. I think that was
a minor slip on your part since you knew that it was a suburb on the
south side of Chicago. I'll bet Bad LeRoy Brown plays for their team.
The Falcon
All-American

Further Correction

Postby The Falcon » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:25 am

I should have directed my Southern Illinois/Northern Illinois correction
to HF and not XTC. Sorry Chicken - I should have known that you would not make such a mistake. Thanks for the info on Oak Hill and Bamba.

Hoop Fan - it is slow on PonyFans today so please foregive my
sneaking in this minor correction.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:07 pm

Falcon, I think you were right the first time, I am from Illinois also and was also being petty in correcting Xtc on the location of Homewood. I replyed to his message, so I think you are now attributing the original comment to me by mistake. This is comedic since its such a small thing anyway, but I demand an apology! I'm totally kidding.
Hoop Fan

Postby Mexmustang » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:13 pm

I played football for the Vikings for four years, and my knees still hurt! Nothing like practicing on frozen mud with alumninum cleats. H-F is due south of Chicago about ten minutes from the Indiana border and 30 minutes from the loop, depending on the traffic.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Hoop Fan

Postby The Falcon » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:57 am

I am definitely confused. You are right - it is a small thing. Sorry
I even brought up the subject of the location of Homewood.

Falcons are not Homing Pidgeons so they don't know where they are.
Chickens on the other hand are definitely confused about Illinois
The Falcon
All-American

Postby The XtC » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:42 pm

Sorry about that, guys. Someone told me it was south of Chicago, and I just assumed that meant "Down state", as they say. Sorry.

Oak Hill bounced back to defeat West Caldwell of Lenoir, North Carolina, last night in a game played on the campus of Appalachian State Univ. Final score Oak Hill 82, West Caldwell 41. Bamba scored 8 points, and had a double-double the hard way, 11 rebounds and 10 blocked shots.

I couldnt get the picture of Bamba defending Julian Wright to past onto this site, but if anyone wants to see it, I can probably email it to you.
Try not to choke on the Kool-Aid.
The XtC
Heisman

Postby Mexmustang » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:12 am

No one is really concerned about your minor error...just wanted to mention H-F and their win...I haven't really heard anything about my old school for many, many winters now.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball