PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU Game 65-51

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU Game 65-51

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:09 pm

:arrow: Cheers to those who made the trip to FW. I am sure that was painful.

This team is just not very good. I thought some kinks might need to get out but I don't see that happening. Hopkins is shooting like crap as is the whole team. All the posters that said Tubbs is a tough on discipline, what gives? This team is sloppy and TO's are inexcusable. Castro must have like 20 travels thus far.

Now I see this team as 7th/8th place team in the WAC. What a joke. :evil:

Dougherty - "That was a very ugly basketball game"
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby youngalumpony » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:27 pm

Just got back from ft worth myself, and yes it was very painful as it always is. It became very clear that you're right Pony_Fan, this team just isn't very good. There is some talent, but there are certain intangibles that all teams must have to be sucessful, like leadership, teamwork, mental and emotional strength, etc. But this team does not play smart, and appears very timid and weak. That was the case last year, and while I agree that it was time for a coaching change, obviously the coach wasn't the problem. They'll beat a bad baylor team on thurs., but this looks like another long year, and until we get some different types of players in here, the trend will continue.
youngalumpony
Junior Varsity

Postby couch 'em » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:44 am

One thing I noticed at the game (other than such a small arena seeming to have such a gigantic roof) was that tubbs seems rather subdued during the games. Someone told me that he used to be very animated and vocal...but isn't now. Is this his give-away year where he doesn't expect to win?
couch 'em
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Basketball