PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Ultimate Humiliation

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Ultimate Humiliation

Postby Stallion » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:04 pm

our program is so pathetic that TCU fans don't even bother to come over to our board and rub it in our faces after a victory against their "alleged" arch rival.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:08 pm

ditto.

Are we that lacking that much in talent?
Water Pony

Postby Johnny Rock » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:36 pm

Yes. SMU has a long way to go before it can become competitive with our competition. Please remember that SMU is bad for a reason (lack of support from administration, harder admission policies, lack of facilities). Until SMU changes its ways, expect more humiliating losses and blow-outs. With respect to TCU being our rival, SMU must put a competitive product on the field to make it a rivarly. TCU left us in their dust several years ago.
Johnny Rock

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:47 pm

Gee Johnny, your posts seem to be copy/paste just about every time. How about saying something different we don't already know?
Pony_Fan

Re:

Postby BostonPony » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:38 pm

Johnny Rock wrote:Yes. SMU has a long way to go before it can become competitive with our competition. Please remember that SMU is bad for a reason (lack of support from administration, harder admission policies, lack of facilities). Until SMU changes its ways, expect more humiliating losses and blow-outs. With respect to TCU being our rival, SMU must put a competitive product on the field to make it a rivarly. TCU left us in their dust several years ago.

This same group played well against ranked teams during the first half of last season under the same admin policies and with the same facilities. They are just quitters, plain and simple.

Does Tubbs allow the public/students to view any practices? I'd be curious if anyone has seen the recent practices to determine if these guys are as clueless and incompetent during practice as they are in games. For example, is Hopkins actually making some of those threes in practice but just can't nail them during game conditions? It's just hard to accept that these guys once had so much promise and we're now faced with this slop for the next few years.
BostonPony

Re:

Postby Pony_Fan » Mon Dec 13, 2004 6:26 pm

This same group played well against ranked teams during the first half of last season under the same admin policies and with the same facilities. They are just quitters, plain and simple.

Does Tubbs allow the public/students to view any practices? I'd be curious if anyone has seen the recent practices to determine if these guys are as clueless and incompetent during practice as they are in games. For example, is Hopkins actually making some of those threes in practice but just can't nail them during game conditions? It's just hard to accept that these guys once had so much promise and we're now faced with this slop for the next few years.

Yea, I unfortunately think they have no heart and are quitters. I didn't expect a TCU win but the performance was what got me. TCU would have won by 30 pts if they were on last night. I am not sure "promise" is the right word but being competitive and showing some spirit out there would help. If they continue playing like this, it's going to be just about as fun as the football season. Hop, Castro, and Simpson have been a joke thusfar.
Pony_Fan

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:28 pm

the guy's play weak and soft, no fire. TCU announced over 4,000, I would guess mabey half of that. Sad sad performance. :x
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Diehard Pony » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:47 pm

Alex, I tried to warn you.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:10 am

Wasn't this exam week at TCU? We all know that TCU bailed on the GMAC bowl last year because it interfered with finals. (At least that was their excuse). Did some of the students go home for the Holidays already, after all their band didn't want a bowl invite to the because it would interfere with their holiday plans? Add in office parties, church Christmas pagents. These are factors which would negatively impact attendance. Little things here and there just do add up sometimes. On the other hand, we aren't enough of a draw to get people to change those plans. Hmmm do I want to see the SMU/TCU game or watch a bunch of 6 year olds sing "Silent Night". I think the six year olds win.
EastStang

Return to Basketball