PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who are these guys?????

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Who are these guys?????

Postby ponybutt » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:40 pm

I've never witnessed a more incredible turnaround! Where did this performance against Baylor come from???

Way to go guys...let's do this more often!! Sure beats getting beat by 40!
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Postby Dark Horse » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:13 am

Amen - looked terrific.

Hop was .... Hop again, and Castro had his best game of the year. Baylor reeks, so it'ss not like we just slapped Kentucky or Wake Forest or something, but playing like this, we'd have run away from UTT and Montana State, and we might have beaten the froggies, too.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby Diamond Girl » Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:50 am

I thought these guys looked pretty darn good tonight. I'm proud of the game they played. Yeah, there were some problems with rebounds and follow throughs, but on the whole, they had a really good game.
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby rich_alum » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:47 am

Baylor must be really bad......because we are not good.
rich_alum
Junior Varsity

Postby Dutch » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:00 am

We did look decent, definately an improvement, but it's hard to judge against Baylor. Anyone who watched the game would agree that they were abismal. no ball handling skills at all, dropped passes, passes to invisible players, airballs all over the place. I could probably come off the bench for that team.

It was like our team went up to premier club and played against one of the mediocre pickup squads of former high school basketball players that think they can still hoop (but can't).

Also, how terrible was the half time show? if you're going to have a guy who's dog catches frisbee's, make sure to have him audition to prove that the dog could actually catch them, and that he could throw them to the dog. But I will say I liked the band playing Christmas songs while the P.A. was still playing music and they were both at the same volume no matter how hard the band tried to drown them out.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:28 am

Baylor didn't make the bottom 10, but 7-0 A&M did. :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking?pollId=3
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dutch » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:52 am

Next up for the aggies, Chicago St. (wasn't aware that chicago was a state now), then grambling and houston and Penn st. they could end up 11-0 before getting creamed by Kansas.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby braginator » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:57 pm

Kind of an ignorant comment, seeing as we will be playing the likes of San Jose St., Boise St., Fresno St (none of which are states...)!!!
braginator
Junior Varsity

Re:

Postby BarbaraAnn » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:33 pm

Phil_Bennett's_Mustache wrote:But I will say I liked the band playing Christmas songs while the P.A. was still playing music and they were both at the same volume no matter how hard the band tried to drown them out.

The thing is: We couldn't hear that the PA was on. So why would we try and outdo a PA system if we can't hear it? And they were also rushing us to go since that guy was running so late.
Rock AND Roll
BarbaraAnn
Scout Team

Return to Basketball