PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women win again

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:51 pm

HEB, I'm guessing you are thinking of our last win over a ranked team before last years win over Purdue. It was Houston in that 93 season when they were ranked 25th late in the season by somebody. We beat them at Moody on a Saturday night to promptly knock Bo Outlaw and company out of the rankings again. By the way, the best game that year was the Rice game at Moody. If the stars align, maybe we will have another meaningful game against the Owls at Moody at the end of this season.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:51 am

Maybe so, Hoop Fan. But, in '93 before losing to TCU in the SWC Touranment and to BYU in the first round of NCAA's, we were 20-6. With losses only to powerful teams like Okla Sta, Arkansas, Vandy, Tulane, Houston, and Rice. But, in thinking we had been nationally rated I was just relying on my memory, which is cluttered with over 40 years of following Pony roundball.

Getting back to the title of this string of messages, I'm looking forward to seeing how the women's team does this week-end. There's a good pre-game write-up on smumustangs.com, with Fresno sporting a 10-1 record. We are playing a lot of freshmen and it has been interesting to watch them come together as a team. It will be on radio starting at 9 pm, so we can listen to it on the way home from watching the men play at Moody.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball