PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

6 Things to Spice Up Moody

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Diamond Girl » Wed Jan 05, 2005 2:29 pm

Thinking back, the risers were pretty nice. We certainly had more room in which to move around and no fear of tripping over each other or the music stands falling over. I'd forgotten about the "FOWL." That was pretty funny.
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:59 pm

I guess the one thing that might draw a crowd would be naked co-ed night. Lots of guys would show up even if no women did. Like when they brought the first X rated movie to SMU. It had a title that sounded intriguing. "you are what you eat". It got a huge audience, but it was merely unrated and was not dirty at all. Lots of people stayed just waiting for some skin to show up, but alas it never did. People were throwing popcorn at the screen, it was pretty funny. Great prank by the old Program Council. And yes, I was sucked in like everyone else.
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Diamond Girl » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:17 pm

If you want to go there, how about naked player night?
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Postby RGV Pony » Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:39 pm

Why & when did they stop putting the band on the baseline? My memory's not perfect, but I remember the dance team would all sit behind the basket on the baseline, and the band was back there as well.
RGV Pony

Postby couch 'em » Wed Jan 05, 2005 10:44 pm

.....the band is still behind the basket. Starting on the floor and going up the benches behind the east basket.
couch 'em

Re:

Postby eyes_on_the_diamond_m » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:30 pm

couch 'em wrote:.....the band is still behind the basket. Starting on the floor and going up the benches behind the east basket.

Yeah, but there didn't used to be someone's living room in front of us (The Sofa). In the 80's the PomPons sat behind the opposite goal with the Cheerleaders. I don't think they really wanted to sit in front of us anyway. Of course we also had 70-80+ bandsmen at each game. :)
eyes_on_the_diamond_m
Recruit

Postby BrianTinBigD » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:58 pm

Any ideas on what a decent scoreboard would run us? Throw in a rolling advertising board at press row and some flat panel displays around the place and we might have something.
Class of '91
BrianTinBigD
Heisman

Postby Diamond Girl » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:01 pm

From doing a quick Google search, scoreboards run from about $1500 - $6000.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball