PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Rice FT Attempts

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Rice FT Attempts

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:23 pm

Was I the only one who noticed we only went to the stripe twice in the Rice game. I must have re-read the stats three times to make sure. That is the difference in that game. Even with our poor FT shooting.

DBB
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:44 pm

yeah, that struck me as odd also. Rice shot 12, which is below average attempts, but not too bad. Either SMU was completely unagressive around the bucket or Rice got some home cookin from the refs. My guess is a little of both.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Corso » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:03 pm

I heard the officiating was horrible both ways, that the Owls should have had more FTs, too.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Third Coast Stang » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:59 am

I was at the game and yes that was correct only two free throws. The officiating was horrible both ways. At the end of the game we got a gift of a call to set up that three point shot that Isham missed.

The guards for both teams did not attack all that much and the refs were letting a lot go in the post. I think overall it probably benefited us as we kept Rice's star player (Harris?) in check for most of the game.
Third Coast Stang

Return to Basketball