PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

To all SMU students

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

To all SMU students

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:33 am

Please make an effort to bring friends and fellow students to tonight’s game. Moody can be such a great home court advantage when students are there and being loud. This is a HUGE game for us. Our guys are playing pretty good basketball right now and they need your support.
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:02 am

They should do a drawing for free iPods or best buy coupon or something to get students at games...do it at the end of the game.
Pony_Fan

Re: To all SMU students

Postby BostonPony » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:46 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Please make an effort to bring friends and fellow students to tonight’s game. Moody can be such a great home court advantage when students are there and being loud. This is a HUGE game for us. Our guys are playing pretty good basketball right now and they need your support.

I don't think classes start until next Wednesday.
BostonPony

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:54 pm

Class began at 7:00pm last night taught by Professor Fazekas.
LA_Mustang

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:19 pm

SMU students are ONE of the worst in the nation!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby 2112 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:59 pm

Without question, one of the worst anywhere!
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:18 am

For the most part, in the last 15 years, our performance in men's basketball and football have been some of the worst in D1.
PonySnob

Re:

Postby stang_fan » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:27 am

PonySnob wrote:For the most part, in the last 15 years, our performance in men's basketball and football have been some of the worst in D1.

I'm sorry, but 7 straight years of winning seasons is bad basketball???? (before last year) It would have been a lot better with a little home court advantage. Empty seats don't provide the advantage. We were winning 16 and 17 games a season without fan support and your going to sit there and do what you do best; belittle the programs and the fans of SMU.

Noooo!!!!!!!! Please don't call me a sunshiner!!!!!!!

:twisted:
stang_fan
Junior Varsity

Re:

Postby PonySnob » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:19 pm

stang_fan wrote:I'm sorry, but 7 straight years of winning seasons is bad basketball???? (before last year) It would have been a lot better with a little home court advantage. Empty seats don't provide the advantage. We were winning 16 and 17 games a season without fan support and your going to sit there and do what you do best; belittle the programs and the fans of SMU.
:twisted:

I was not belittling the fans for SMU as I am one of the infamous 1500 that is at every home game. While we did have 7 straight years of winning basketball games, how many "big games" did we win at home? How many times did we defeat our rival at Moody? Unfortunately, Dement did absolutely nothing with all of the talent that he had during his tenure. I am hopefull that Jimmy will get this team headed in the direction that it needs to be. There is no doubt that the team is responding to him judging by the recent wins over Tulsa and Fresno as those are both games that under the prior coach, this team would have lost. Are you able to make it all home games yourself?
PonySnob

Return to Basketball