PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thoughts..

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thoughts..

Postby Pony_Fan » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:17 am

1. Hopkins is REALLY frustrating to watch. Man does he [deleted] me off sometimes.... I am sick of him playing like Sasser...out of control.
2. Tubbs, please let Roberts open up his game. He can penetrate.
3. What happened to Pearson?
4. Where is Isham?
5. Nevada has much more depth ~ they are the superior team....and pretty young too. Only 2 Sr's.
6. Sessions outplayed Hopkins and is a FRESHMAN. That kid is good! and plays within himself.
7. Last years team would have folded being down by 16pts and given up....Old Pony ~ you hear that? We didn't quit tonight..
8. Why is Simpson scared to actually penetrate the rim??
9. Missed layups tonight = at least 10 points.
10. Way to go Castro...hang tough my man....you are the Star now.
11. Nevada will probably be 1st or 2nd in the WAC when it's over.
12. We need rebounding and height - is the Rack ever coming back??
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BarbaraAnn » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:11 am

Why in the last TWO MINUTES did no one shoot, but pass it to Hopkins instead? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

OTHER PEOPLE ON THE TEAM CAN SHOOT, YOU IDIOTS.
Rock AND Roll
BarbaraAnn
Scout Team

Postby abezontar » Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:30 pm

they can shoot, but apparently Bhop is the only one that is allowed to take a three pointer, at least that is the way it seems
The donkey's name is Kiki.

On a side note, anybody need a patent attorney?

Good, Bad...I'm the one with the gun.
abezontar
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HixsontoLeVias » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:14 pm

13. Where is everybody?
HixsontoLeVias
All-American

Postby ponydawg » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:03 pm

I was curious why when DP hit a three and then a two, coach took him out of the game? My only thought was that maybe Nevada had a line up in there that called for a different Defensive scheme......but it didn't look that way to me. Roberts does a great job of slashing to the bucket, but wish he would go up strong and get fouled rather then jump backwards and shoot.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby regis » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:49 pm

14. Nick Fazekas, while a tremendous talent, is the biggest crybaby we've seen in a long time.
regis
Varsity

Postby DiamondM » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:44 pm

Number 14, very true. Took more dives and did more whining than a European soccer player.

I was not as disappointed in this loss as some others. I think Nevada is a good team that was on fire despite some pretty decent defense by our kids (a few breakdowns, but overall pretty good). I liked that they fought back after being down 16.

One of my biggest beefs is on clock/game management at the end of the shot clock, half and game. I feel like we don't do well with time running down and the ball in our hands. Isolating a heavily guarded Hopkins who doesn't break to the basket until there are 6 seconds left is not the way to do it.
DiamondM
Heisman

Return to Basketball