PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Instead of talking about shooting %'s

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:44 pm

Long live the FIFTEEN HUNDRED. A great SMU tradition!!!

(for those who don't comprehend, 1500 is the number of hard core supporters SMU seems to have year in and year out who, regardless of how bad we stink, will always come out to attend football and bball games. I was once a proud member of that group. Some on this board are current members)
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Diehard Pony » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:18 pm

CP, I am among them, but it is tough. In the 80's I used to buy football season tickets with a block of about 20 people. Several of them where not even SMU grads. Of the original 20, one remains, and all of them still live in Dallas.

On the basketball side there were eight of us. All but one besides myself have dropped by the wayside.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:48 pm

that was one of the great things about being a Mustang fan. As others dropped out, my seats improved from year to year until I was 2nd row sitting behind and above SMU's coach at Moody and near mid-field in football.

Of course, the best thing about our abysmal fan support is that even today, any time I want to come to Dallas and attend a game I know a good seat is available.
Charleston Pony

Postby Pony_Fan » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:01 am

Yep, and I can buy a baseline seat for $7 and sit wherever basically...except the blue seats which nobody sits in but Ira, Turner, and Copey...
Pony_Fan

Previous

Return to Basketball