PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WOW! huge loss for the Horns

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WOW! huge loss for the Horns

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:08 pm

PJ Tucker has been ruled academically ineligible and is out for the rest of the season. He’s the heart and soul of that team, and they are done without him.

BTW, to get into academic trouble at UT you have to seriously mess up or just not care.....6th street or study hall?????? You think he even knew where his classes were?
LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:58 pm

I heard that yesterday.....I don't feel to sorry for the burnt orange. Oh well...too bad. Makes it easier Kansas or OSU to win the Big XII now..
Pony_Fan

Postby Mike Damone » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:23 pm

On top of that, super-frosh LaMarcus Aldridge is out for the time being and possibly for the season with a leg injury.

Don't feel sorry for them, they're still absolutely stacked.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Re: WOW! huge loss for the Horns

Postby SWC2010 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:46 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:PJ Tucker has been ruled academically ineligible and is out for the rest of the season. He’s the heart and soul of that team, and they are done without him.

BTW, to get into academic trouble at UT you have to seriously mess up or just not care.....6th street or study hall?????? You think he even knew where his classes were?

LA, if I had been Barnes, I would have walked him to class everyday. Tucker admitted he did NOT pass the minimum 6 hours!!!
SWC2010
Heisman

Postby OldPony » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:40 pm

KU and OSU were more worried about T A&M and OU than UT anyway. Watch the Aggies closley. They are pretty good and now think they ca beat anyone. It is always good to see the Horns go down anyhow, anywhere and against anyone in OP's humble opinion. I think they were overrated with PJ but this should allow them to get back where they belong in the heirarchy.
PJ must be a brainiac. He probably needs more time for study if he is to become a Supreme Court justice someday. Maybe it is his Nuclear Physics class that is giving him a spot of trouble or possibly Quantum.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:48 pm

How do you flunk out of UT if you are an athlete? lol! That's kind of like, how do you get kicked out of Gun's and Rose's!! :P
ALEX LIFESON

Re:

Postby SWC2010 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:54 pm

OldPony wrote:KU and OSU were more worried about T A&M and OU than UT anyway. .

Big XII is tough this year, no doubt. And A&M may be for real...

But-- OSI not worried about UT? Well maybe that's why UT whupped em so bad in Austin!?!
SWC2010
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:30 pm

Exactly. UT spanked OSU in Austin. With Tucker and Aldridge, UT was underrated. When you have three of the best freshmen in the country (Aldridge, Gibson and Williams), a first team Big XII forward in Tucker, two solid big men in Buckman and Klotz, and several excellent three-point shooters coming off the bench, it’s pretty hard to be overrated.
OP, you’re crazy if you think OSU and KU were more worried A&M and OU than UT. That’s silly.
LA_Mustang

Postby Mike Damone » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:56 pm

Actually Aldridge didn't play against OSU. And even though Tucker did, I think he only had a few points. I know he never scored until late in the game. Wasn't really a factor. I imagine he knew what was about to happen.
The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

-Me
Mike Damone
All-American

Postby OldPony » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:48 pm

Actually OP may be crazy but sees the real teams as having any chance in March as being KU nad OSU. UT, OU and A&M will have some good wins but the other 2 are the only ones who will be around long in March. I believe the Big 12 overrated. Even KU looked pretty bad today. 21 point whipping and the game wasn't really that close.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball