PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

GREAT EFFORT............BUT

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

GREAT EFFORT............BUT

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:06 pm

This program has not learned how to win! This game was there for the taking!!!!!! But we once again, we FOUND ways to lose! SMU fell apart in the end. But before I get hammered by the tear jerkers, I am very well aware of the injuries. I am proud of how we played hard, but we should expect to play hard! Free throws? GOOD GRIEF!!!
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Fan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:29 pm

La Tech was a very frustrating loss but tonight we should have won. UTEP did not play well. Castro missed all his FT's I believe which usually does not happen. He had the yips...or something.

Pearson taking a 3 was not the right shot and Isham missed a dead on layup at the end. When it was 12-0, I thought it was going to be a blowout but somehow they stuck together. Refs made some awful calls towards the end...completely blind.

Roberts had a good game and was playing hurt.

Is Reay in the doghouse??

Rivera is a punk. How does Vegas always get things so close??
Pony_Fan

Postby DickerJames » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:17 pm

That was very disapointing. I truly thought we were going to win this game with about 3 minutes left, but the missed free throws and dumb mistakes killed us. On a positive but also frustating note, this team can play with any team in the WAC. I also really like Coach Tubbs. He is doing all the right things in my opinion and I believe he is the man to turn this thing around.
DickerJames
All-American

Postby PlanoStang » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:30 pm

It's now 10:30pm. Castro should be still out on the floor in the dark practicing shooting free throws till he hits at least 10 in a row. :x
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MrMustang1965 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:34 pm

If he were at Texas Tech, that's what Bobby Knight would have him doing. And sometimes BK isn't always wrong about that kind of stuff.

UTEP takes a 10 point lead and SMU doesn't score its first points until almost 4 minutes went by in the first. SMU struggles back and finally takes the lead only to go into the locker room down by two (I think...can't quite remember.) SMU stays with UTEP for most of the second period but loses its momentum late in the game.

Officiating was suspect, too...but that's not an excuse. This game was winnable by the Mustangs. If the Mustangs had hit the FTs, they'd have won the game, IMO.

I was there along with my new 'family'. Heartbreaker. But like all loyal Mustangs, we'll be back!
MrMustang1965

Postby DickerJames » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:36 pm

One more thing, the UTEP coach was very annoying to me. He bitched and moaned at the refs all night.
DickerJames
All-American

Postby 2112 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:37 am

Coach Tubbs did a great job last night. It was obvious UTEP was off last night, and a great shame we could not take advantage of it. Our guy's seem to fold in the most critical times, it's very frustrating being an SMU fan!
Heisman

Return to Basketball