PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Boise coach

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Boise coach

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:39 pm

its been done many times before, but how bold was that Boise coach trying to send his best shooter to the line after a time out instead of the real guy who got fouled, #25. Tubbs went balistic and the clueless refs finally conceded, they wouldnt have caught it.

By the way, I really like the way Tubbs is handling himself and the team on the sideline.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:03 pm

My biggest question about Coach Tubbs was his ability to make game-time decisions and/or adjustments. IMO, he has handled that very well and he gives our guys a chance to win most games. You have to love the effort this team gives (the execution is not always there, but the effort is).....and remember, this is the same team that completely quit on Dement last year. Coach Tubbs will not allow that to happen. He set a tone early on by calling out Hop. That let the others know even the best player is not above criticism and must play hard.

We just need to give him time. We have the right guy for the job.
LA_Mustang

Last nights game

Postby MustangTu » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:01 pm

Amen to the comments about Jimmy T. He is getting the most of the talent that is avaiable to him. In the next 2 years we should be awsome. I am not writing off a good show as we approach the Reno Tounamant. I just think that the freshmen and sophmores will have fully adjusted to his style of play and he will reqruit players better fitted to his methods. Very good game last night as well as Thursdays.
MustangTu
Junior Varsity

Re: Boise coach

Postby H-E-B Mustang » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:47 pm

Hoop Fan wrote:its been done many times before, but how bold was that Boise coach trying to send his best shooter to the line after a time out instead of the real guy who got fouled, #25.

I thought that stunt, trying to put in a different shooter than the player that was fouled, was supposed to warrant a technical foul. But, one was not called. Either way, I thought it was bush league for them to try it.
H-E-B Mustang
All-American

Postby Hoop Fan » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:22 pm

I don't think Jimmy T. liked that move much either. The handshake after the game was pretty abrupt.

Tubbs was yelling at the ref that it should be a technical but the ref just shook his head. I thought that bald ref last night was horrible.
Hoop Fan

Re: Boise coach

Postby jtstang » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:31 pm

H-E-B Mustang wrote:
Hoop Fan wrote:its been done many times before, but how bold was that Boise coach trying to send his best shooter to the line after a time out instead of the real guy who got fouled, #25.

I thought that stunt, trying to put in a different shooter than the player that was fouled, was supposed to warrant a technical foul. But, one was not called. Either way, I thought it was bush league for them to try it.

No question it shoulda been a T.
jtstang

Postby MrMustang1965 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:52 pm

Hmmmm....wonder if Copeland will file a complaint with someone about that poor officiating last night? :roll:
MrMustang1965

Return to Basketball