PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Great piece about J. Tubbs on Channel 5 (NBC) last night

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Great piece about J. Tubbs on Channel 5 (NBC) last night

Postby Stampede » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:23 pm

can someone please paste it on here? It was really good and I particularly liked the quote from the sportscaster "Tubbs will have the SMU basketball program in great shape for many years to come".

Really good about how intense the program is and how Coach Tubbs actually coaches the players to get better and better.
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Postby DiamondM75 » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:17 pm

Again, I find it real interesting that a Fort Worth station did a report on coach Tubbs.

After the first report on Tuesday, I forwarded an email to the sports director of Channel 5 thanking him for the coverage and devoting to be a Channel 5 viewer. I think we should all email the sports department at Channel 5 expressing our gratitude for the coverage.

I also commented on the local media's meaningless coverage of the Dallas Cowboys and pro sports at the expense of the D-1 schools in the metroplex.

The sports center email is:

sportsteam@nbc5i.com

Let them know there are college sport fans that watch television.
Just send 'da money.
DiamondM75
Hall of Famer

Postby Diamond Girl » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:51 pm

Like I said a few days ago, an SMU alumna works at the assignment desk at KXAS. Her name is Tracy McKee, she was a DG, and if you go to the following, you will see her at work :www.nbc5i.com/nbc5/index.html. Go to Inside NBC5 Take the Tour, and her picture in on the second page of the slideshow. She may have a little influence on what gets covered. We should send her a thank you.
Everything we want is on the other side of difficult.
Diamond Girl
Heisman

Re:

Postby SWC2010 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:17 am

Diamond Girl wrote:Like I said a few days ago, an SMU alumna works at the assignment desk at KXAS. Her name is Tracy McKee, she was a DG, and .....

DG, huh?

Perhaps Grider could be influential with improving coverage of SMU @ KXAS.
SWC2010
Heisman

Return to Basketball